Excelling when it comes to performance, durability and handling, the US-designed MTD 1043AVS is aimed at both the professional and top-end domestic markets and will take heavy-duty undergrowth clearance jobs in its stride.
Delivering a hefty 1.6hp to the cutter-head is a large-displacement 43cc MTD two-stroke air-cooled engine with a full crank that not only optimises torque-output, but also increases stress-tolerance for an extended service-life.
The engine also features MTD’s Advanced Starting Technology, whereby a specially designed coil-spring in the recoil mechanism works to minimise the pulling-force required to achieve ignition.
The MTD 1043AVS boasts commercial-grade vibration-damping that drastically reduces shock-transfer to the user’s hands and arms, in turn keeping operator-fatigue at bay during all-day sessions.
It comes with a both 42cm twin-line head and a 25.5cm three-tooth metal brush-blade, so you can fit the one that’s most suitable for the task-type; and it’s equipped with a pro-style ‘bike’ (or ‘cowhorn’ handlebar that provides low-effort directional-control of your chosen cutter-head.
Also of note is the extra-thick 3mm cutting-cord; and the comfort-enhancing double shoulder harness.
- A high-performance petrol brushcutter for demanding landscaping applications
- Premium anti-vibration system for long hours of comfortable brushcutting
- Powerful MTD full-crank engine for durability and beefy torque
- Capacious fuel-tank for reduced downtime
- AST for low-effort pull-starts
- Cowhorn handlebar confers optimum control and manoeuvrability
- Double shoulder-harness keeps fatigue at bay over extended periods
- Line-head boasts extra-thick diameter cord and handy bump-feed system
- Aggressive metal brush blade also included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make MTD Engine Capacity 43cc Engine Power 1.6hp / 1.2kW @ 11,800rpm Starting System Recoil with Advanced Starting Technology (AST) Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1.2 Litres Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead Included - Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Line Diameter 3mm Cutting Width (Linehead) 42cm Blade Included - 3-Tooth - 25.5cm Harness Included - Professional Double-Shoulder Harness Sound Level 91dB(A) Weight 7.5kg Warranty 2 Years
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Excellent Trimmer for the Price
Review by T H DAVIS / (Posted on 20/08/2019)
Excellent Trimmer for the PriceReview by T H DAVIS / (Posted on 20/08/2019)It has a good powerful engine which is easy to start, just three pulls, even when cold & off it goes. It's comfortable to use with the double shoulder harness.
A good solid machine which does what I want it to do
Ease of Use
- Excellent Trimmer for the Price