- STIHL Grass Trimmers, Brushcutters & Clearing Saws
- STIHL Petrol Clearing Saws
- STIHL FS460 C-EM Professional Clearing Saw
The feature-packed Stihl FS460 C-EM is the renowned German manufacturer’s most advanced clearing-saw ever, so it will make light work of whatever task the commercial contractor is looking to undertake.
What really makes it stand-out from its vast array of competitors is its groundbreaking ‘M-Tronic’ engine-management system, which delivers a constant maximum speed with optimum engine-performance and rapid acceleration.
The Stihl FS460 C-EM Professional Clearing Saw is fitted with an extremely powerful 45.6cc (3hp) air-cooled two-stroke engine, which, thanks to Stihl’s ingenious stratified-charge technology, runs exceptionally cleanly and efficiently (it offers a 20% cut in fuel-consumption compared to standard units).
Unlike many pro-grade brushcutters, the engine on this model is really simple to get started – you just have to apply some choke; fuel-up the carburettor; and you’re ready to fire it up. The ignition automatically resets to ‘on’ when the engine is stopped.
Especially when used together with the supplied shoulder-harness, the ‘bike’-style handlebar on the Stihl FS460 allows for a comfortably smooth side-to-side sweeping motion.
It weighs a mere 8.5kg, which is incredibly lightweight for such a powerful and solidly-built machine; and it employs Stihl’s famous ErgoStart ignition-system, which works to drastically lessen the amount of force you need to apply to the starter rope.
An AutoCut 40-2 line-head is supplied as standard, with a circular metal saw-blade optional.
- The most advanced clearing saw Stihl have ever produced
- Suitable for the most challenging large-scale landscaping tasks
- Very high-powered engine with Stihl’s effort-saving ErgoStart mechanism
- Stratified-charge technology leads to a 20% reduction in exhaust emissions
- Compensator for optimum performance in any given conditions
- Super-simple starting procedure
- ‘U’-type handle for an easy side-to-side sweeping action
- Comprehensive 4-point vibration damping
- Shoulder-harness and nylon-line head included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model With M-Tronic Engine Management & Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 45.6cc Engine Power 3hp / 2.2kW Starting System Recoil with ErgoStart Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.75 Litre Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead AutoCut 40-2 Twin Line Blade Optional Harness Double Shoulder Harness Sound Level 100dB(A) Vibration 2.5 / 2.1m/s2 (Left / Right) Weight 8.5kg Warranty 2 Years