Check items to add to the basket or select all
The MTD Optima 53SPB HW IS is the American manufacturer’s flagship Optima-range mower, and as such will meet the needs of the most exacting domestic gardener.
It employs a 163cc Briggs & Stratton 675EXi IS engine that employs cutting-edge overhead-valve (OHV) technology so as to keep fuel-consumption, noise, emissions and vibration all at impressively low levels.
Lithium-ion battery-powered key-start means no more tiresome tugging on a starter rope to achieve ignition; while a substantial one-litre fuel-tank helps to minimise down-time by reducing the number of top-up stops required.
The MTD Optima 53SPB HW IS Petrol Lawnmower is a power-driven machine, so will come into its own on rough paddock-grass, slopes and other terrain that would be tricky to cover with a hand-push model.
It’s equipped with a convenient deck-wash port that makes cleaning corrosive clippings from the undercarriage a doddle; and it’s fitted with an Ergo handle that can be both folded for compact storage; and height-adjusted for comfort.
Offering six preset cutting-heights – adjustable via just one lever – the MTD 53SPB HW IS is capable of delivering a ‘just-so’ finish.
Drive-wheels a full 80mm larger in diameter than the front-wheels provide the traction you’ll need if working on dewy grass; while quality ball-bearing mounts ensure the wheels won’t start stiffening-up with age, as often happens with lesser bush-mounted ones.
This versatile machine offers bagging, rear-discharge and mulching as standard.
A wide 53cm cut and capacious 70-litre catcher make it ideal for grassed areas up to around 1500m2.
- A very powerful self-propelled mower ideal for lawns with areas of rough and sloping ground
- Top-quality 4-stroke OHV B & S power-pack with convenient electric key start
- 70-litre collector and 53cm cutting-width – ideal for lawns up to 1200m2
- Strong and durable steel cutter-deck
- Six preset cutting-heights for the perfect finish – centrally adjusted for ease-of-use
- Height-adjustable Ergo handle minimises operator-fatigue and folds for compact storage
- Smooth-rolling and long-lasting ball-bearing mounted wheels
- Deck-wash port for hassle-free cleaning of the undercarriage
- Mulch-plug included
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model 675EXi IS OHV Engine Capacity 163cc Engine Power 3.5hp / 2.6kW @ 2800rpm Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1 Litre Drive Self Propelled (3.6km/h) Cutting Width 53cm Cutting Heights 28-92mm Height Adjustment Single Lever (6 Positions) Grass Collector 70 Litres Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Cutting Deck Steel Deck Washout Port Yes Handles Foldable / Adjustable Wheels Front 200mm / Rear 280mm - Ball-Bearing Mounted Safety Features Operator Presence Control Sound Level 98dB (A) Lawn Size Up to 1500m2 Weight 38kg Warranty 2 Years