Enjoy the very best in U.S. design and engineering with this impressively well-equipped petrol rotary-mower from Toro.
What really marks it out from its competitors is its massive 76cm width-of-cut; the same as that found on mid-sized ride-on mowers. This, along with Toro’s provision of a cavernous 88-litre grassbag, ensures the super-fast coverage of paddocks and expansive lawns.
The Toro 20978 TimeMaster comes driven by a 223cc Briggs & Stratton 1000-Series electric-start engine that employs B & S’s overhead-valve technology for cooler, cleaner and more fuel-efficient operation; and which boasts a commercial-duty debris-management system for season after season of unfailing reliability.
A Lo-Tone muffler makes for a more pleasant working-environment; while ReadyStart® means there’s no need to prime the carburettor or apply choke prior to ignition.
Thanks to Toro’s AutoMatic Drive System (ADS), whereby the mower automatically matches your walking-speed, the 20978 TimeMaster is highly manoeuvrable and won’t run away from you when you’re mowing around trees, ornaments and other garden obstacles.
It has a blade-break clutch, so you won’t have to cut the engine when emptying the catcher, or when crossing gravel or hard surfaces; and it combines an aluminium frame with a hybrid-steel chassis so as to ensure superior durability.
A three-in-one machine offering mulching, side-discharge and bagging as standard, the Toro 20978 TimeMaster Twin Cut Lawn Mower can be set-up to suit whatever conditions you might be confronted with.
A hosepipe link on the cutter-deck means you can clean the underside of the mower without having to flip it over; while a Quick Stow handlebar makes it easy to prepare for transport or storage.
- An extra-wide-cut mower that will prove a less bulky alternative to a ride-on
- Expansive 76cm width-of-cut Twin-blade cutting-system delivers exceptional bagging and mulching performance
- Side-discharge mode also offered – great if you’re tackling long grass
- Commercial-grade B & S engine
- ReadyStart® means to more priming or choke-application prior to ignition
- Variable-speed AutoMatic Drive for enhanced flexibility-of-use and effortless mowing
- Lightweight and highly manoeuvrable
- Cast-aluminium frame and steel mower-deck confer impressive durability
- Quick Stow folding handlebar works to save space in the storage area
- Handlebar is height-adjustable for superior user-comfort
- Blade-break clutch – stop the blades turning without having to cut the engine
- Deck-wash port for simple cleaning of the undercarriage
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model 1000 Series OHV Engine Capacity 223cc Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1.4 Litres Drive Self Propelled - AutoMatic Drive with Traction Assist Cutting Width 76cm Cutting Heights 32-108mm Height Adjustment 2 Positions Grass Collector 88 Litres Mulching Yes Side-Discharge Yes Cutting Deck Steel Deck Washout Port Yes Handles Foldable (Quick Stow) / Adjustable Wheels Large Safety Features Operator Presence Control Lawn Size Up to 3000m2 Weight 65kg Warranty 2 Years