Power, versatility and ease of use - these are the attributes that make this top-quality rotary-mower from Minnesota-based garden-machinery innovators Toro stand-out in its price-bracket.
The Toro 20838 features Toro’s Super Recycler technology, whereby an aerodynamically-optimised cutter-deck combines with triangular deflectors and a veneered blade to deliver exceptional mulching-performance - clippings are cut and recut so finely they’ll rot-down and vanish from the lawn surface with impressive rapidity, feeding the turf with nutrients as they do.
The powerful under-deck airflow also enhances bagging-performance, improving collection-efficiency by a huge 25% (switching between recycling and bagging is done by simply flicking a lever).
Thanks to its aluminium chassis, the Toro 20838 Petrol Super-Recycler Lawn Mower offers inherent rust-resistant and rugged durability, but weighs-in at a mere 37kg.
A deck washout port makes the removal of corrosive debris from the undercarriage a no-hassle process; while Toro’s Quick Stow handlebar means the mower can be rapidly prepared for storage.
This model is equipped with Toro’s AutoMatic Drive system, which senses your walking-pace and adjusts the ground-speed accordingly for the best possible user-comfort.
It features Traction Assist, so you’ll enjoy extra grip when the going gets tough; and it boasts an extra-wide cutting-height range (25-102mm) that’s simple to adjust by way of a centralised mechanism.
Driving the 20838 is a 159cc Toro air-cooled four-stroke engine with an OHV configuration that cuts noise, vibration, emissions and fuel-costs; and an electric starter for stress-free ignition.
- A versatile 2-in-1 rotary-mower capable of recycling or bagging cut-grass
- Recycle on Demand - switch cutting-modes by just flicking a lever
- ADS automatically adjusts the forward-speed to match your preferred walking-pace
- Powerful but clean-running and fuel-efficient 4-stroke OHV engine
- Electric start eliminates all the effort and stress from the ignition-process
- Strong but lightweight aluminium deck for years of rust-free service
- Deck-wash port - attach a hosepipe, run the engine and clear muck from the deck underside
- Traction Assist delivers more grip whenever it’s needed
- Simple single-point cutting-height selection
- Suitable for medium- to large-scale domestic use
- Extended manufacturer’s warranty
Engine Make Toro Engine Capacity 159cc Engine Starting System Electric Start Drive Self Propelled (AutoMatic Drive) Cutting Width 48cm Cutting Heights 25-102mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever Grass Collector 60 Litres Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Cutting Deck Aluminium Deck Washout Port Yes Handles Foldable / Adjustable Wheels Large Safety Features Operator Presence Control Lawn Size Up to 1500m2 Weight 37kg Warranty 5 Years