- Home /
- Tondu TST40 40” Spring-Tine Dethatcher
If you’re maintaining an expansive lawn-area and haven’t been collecting grass-clippings while mowing, you’ve probably noticed a build-up of matted thatch on the surface. This 102cm tractor-towed detacher from trusted British brand Tondu provides the perfect solution, with its 20 sprung tines gently but comprehensively removing any accumulation, in turn enabling air, nutrients and moisture to penetrate the root-system so as to encourage, lush, healthy growth.
Tondu TST40 40” Spring-Tine Dethatcher features a weight-tray, which, if the accumulation is particularly bad, you can load with up to 31.5kg of ballast in order to get the tines to dig-in that bit deeper.
A transport position means you can cross non-grass areas without the tines being damaged by surface-contact; while a universal hitch-pin facilitates use with tow-capable garden-tractors from any manufacturer.
The tines on this model measure a substantial 0.5cm in diameter and are made from long-lasting heat-treated steel. Tine-raising is via a cantilevered handle that’s accessible from the driver’s seat.
- A towed lawn-rake that will remove moss and thatch over large areas in quick-time
- Large-diameter sprung tines made from heat-treated steel for a lengthy working-life
- Can be weight-ballasted where greater penetration is required
- Tines can be raised when crossing hard-surfaces and grass that doesn’t require raking
- Universal hitch-pin - compatible with all makes of garden-tractor
Towing Mechanism Hitchpin and Hole Working Width 102cm Number of Tines 20 Tine Diameter 0.5cm Weight Tray Yes - 31.5kg Transport Handle Yes Axle Steel Wheels 178mm x 38mm - Semi-Pneumatic Dimensions L: 100cm x 122cm x 105cm Warranty 2 Years