If you’re a fan of top-quality German engineering and are looking for convenient, hassle-free way to keep your hedges and shrubs in trim, then the STIHL HSE-52 could well be the machine for you.
Its pleasingly quiet-running 460w electric motor powers a set of high-grade steel blades (50cm) that have been laser-cut and ground using diamond discs; a combination that ensures they’ll stay sharp for longer and provide you with the cleanest possible cut (a rapid 3400rpm stroke-rate further aids cutting-power).
The blades’ 23mm tooth-spacing is ideal for medium-diameter twigs and branches.
As with all of STIHL’s handheld power-tools, this model utilises high-specification ergonomics so as to optimise control and manoeuvrability. Its super-lightweight construction (3.1kg) allows for lengthy periods of almost fatigue-free hedgetrimming.
A trigger-lock works with two-handed safety-switching to all but eliminate any chance of accidental injury; while the provision of cable-strain relief prevents unintentional disconnection of the mains-lead.
- A great all-rounder for the keen hobby gardener
- Ultra-lightweight, easy to handle and exceptionally quiet-running
- Stay-sharp laser-cut blades have been diamond-ground for a crisp, precise cut
- Tooth-pitch perfect for taming medium-diameter growth
- Advanced ergonomics allow for safe, comfortable and controlled use
- Two-handed operation and a trigger-lock combine to maximise user-safety
- Low-noise motor makes it ideal for residential use
Engine Type Mains Electric Motor 230v Power 460w Blade Length 50cm Blade Type Double Sided Dual Reciprocating Blades Yes Tooth Gap 23mm Stroke Rate 3400rpm Rotating Rear Handle No Sound Level 84dB (A) Vibration 3.1 / 1.5m/s2 (Left / Right) Weight 3.1kg Warranty 2 Years