If you need to work a good distance from a power-source, but don’t fancy dealing with the hassle that inevitably comes with a petrol engine, this powerful battery-driven hedgetrimmer from Stihl is certainly worth consideration.
It’s supplied with a cutting-edge 36v lithium-ion cell that produces an impressive 78Wh; and which doesn’t suffer from the self-discharge and memory-effect issues that have always dogged lower-spec lead-acid and nickel-cadmium units*.
The STIHL HSA 66 Cordless Hedgetrimmer is equipped with a pair of premium diamond-finished double-sided blades that combine with a substantial 30mm tooth-pitch and a high stroke-rate to ensure you be able to cut through thick, well-established growth without twisting and ‘chewing’ the branch.
An optimised blade-shape works to catch branches and hold them in position for an ultra-clean cut; while a blade-tip protector and scabbard ensure the blades will remain in peak condition for as long as possible.
Thanks to its smooth, rounded housing, the STIHL HSA 66 is easy to keep clean and won’t get caught in the hedge.
Also featured is a hanging-eye for practical and convenient storage.
*AL101 charger also included
- A high-performance cordless hedgetrimmer for the exacting home gardener
- Uses the latest lithium-ion battery technology
- Remarkably quiet in operation – great for use where noise might be an issue
- Top-quality diamond-ground blades
- 30mm tooth-spacing delivers a clean-cut in larger-diameter growth
- Tip-protector and scabbard for a lengthy blade-life
- Smooth housing makes it easy to remove debris build-up
- Can be hung on the wall to save space in the storage area
- Weighs just 3.1kg
Engine Make Stihl Battery Type AP100 LIthium-Ion Battery Power 36v / 2.4Ah / 78Wh Battery Run Time Up to 72 Minutes Blade Type Double Sided Blade Length 50cm Tooth Gap 30mm Rotating Rear Handle No Weight 3.1kg Warranty 2 Years