Acclaimed German power-tool manufacturers Stihl have fitted their top-of-the-range electric strimmer with an impressively powerful 1000w motor, so it’s a genuinely viable alternative to a maintenance-heavy petrol-driven machine.
The Stihl FSE 81 Electric Powered Garden Strimmer is difficult to top when it comes to user-comfort, with its ergonomic ‘loop’-type control handle; soft-grip top handle; and low-weight construction (4.7kg) all combining to keep operator fatigue at bay for as long as possible.
It comes with an AutoCut grass-trimming head, which features a ‘Tap ‘n’ Go’ mechanism for trouble-free line-feed; and it’s equipped with a gauge-wheel that works to prevent the line from contacting hard surfaces and becoming prematurely worn (it also stops the line cutting-through plants).
So as to prevent the power-lead becoming accidentally disconnected, Stihl have furnished this model with cable-strain relief.
- Stihl’s top-of-the-range electric grass-trimmer
- A high-performance machine for the clearance of heavier undergrowth
- Seriously high-powered motor
- Time-saving ‘Tap ‘n’ Go’ line-head
- Ergonomic ‘loop’ for controlled manoeuvrability
- Soft-grip top handle
- Cable strain-relief prevent socket damage
- Gauge-wheel prevents accidental plant damage
- Weighs only 3.9kg
Engine Type Mains Electric Motor No Power 1000w Handle Type Handgrip & Loop Linehead Included - AutoCut C 5-2 Twin-Line Line Feed Bump Feed Cutting Width (Linehead) 35.5cm Edging Facility No Blade No Weight 4.7kg Warranty 2 Years