If you appreciate top-quality German engineering and have an unruly garden to keep in check, then the Stihl FS55-R will prove a fantastic buy!
Its high-powered 27.2cc (1.0hp) engine incorporates Stihl’s latest stratified-charge technology - this means that fuel-wastage during the charge-cycle is severely limited, which in turn ensures rapid acceleration with reduced fuel-costs and a drastic reduction in harmful exhaust emissions.
Getting the engine going could hardly be easier: you simply apply your required amount of choke; deliver some fuel to the carburettor via the primer-bulb; and then pull the starter-cord. The ignition resets to ‘on’ when the engine is stopped, so it’s always ready to be started.
The fully-adjustable ‘loop’ handle on the Stihl FS55-R Brushcutter makes it ideally suited for use on adverse terrain and in awkward, space-restricted areas (for example, thinning-work between shrubs and bushes).
It weighs a mere 4.9kg, so large-scale applications can be completed in comfort.
An AutoCut bump-feed line-head and harness are also included, with a metal blade available separately.
- A powerful straight-shaft brushcutter suitable for more demanding home-use
- Designed and built in Germany to exacting standards
- High-performance two-stroke engine with a simple starting-system
- Stratified-Charge technology leads to low fuel-costs and reduced exhaust emissions
- ‘Loop’ handle for comfortable use in confined areas
- Super-lightweight: just 4.9kg
- Ergonomic multi-function grip
- Shoulder-harness included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model With Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 27.2cc Engine Power 1hp / 0.75kW Starting System Recoil with Electronic Ignition Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.34 Litres Handle Type Loop & Bar Linehead AutoCut 25-2 Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Line Diameter 2.4mm Cutting Width (Linehead) 42cm Blade Optional Harness Included Sound Level 95dB (A) Vibration 8.5 / 8.5m/s2 (Left / Right) Weight 4.9kg Warranty 2 Years