If you’re looking for a high-quality but affordable grass-trimmer for general-purpose lawn- and garden-maintenance, then this well-equipped curved-shaft model from German manufacturers Stihl could well be the machine for you!
What sets it apart from the standard FS50 is its employment of EgroStart; an effort-saving mechanism that reduces the pulling-force you need to apply to the starter-rope by around a third.
The 1.1hp (27.2cc) engine also utilises Stihl’s advanced Stratified-Charge technology, which ensures environmental compliance and a 20-percent reduction in fuel-consumption by minimising the amount of fuel that’s lost during the combustion cycle.
The Stihl FS50 C-E Grass Trimmer has an ergonomic multi-function grip on the shaft that combines with its lightweight construction (4.6kg) and adjustable ‘loop’ handle to make it one of the most comfortable and highly manoeuvrable machines in its class.
Ideal for trimming around obstacles and along lawn edges, the Stihl FS50 C-E is supplied with a bump-feed trimmer-head; but can also be used with the PolyCut three-bladed brushcutter head (for heavier undergrowth).
- Features ErgoStart for almost effortless pull-starts
- Ideal for general purpose domestic grass-trimming applications
- Powerful 2-stroke engine with stratified-charge technology for superior fuel-economy
- Large-capacity fuel-tank for reduced downtime
- ‘Tap ‘n’ Go’ line-head makes reeling-out new cord quick and simple
- Triple-blade PolyCut head also available
- One of the lightest machines in its class
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model With Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 27.2cc Engine Power 1.1hp / 0.8kW Starting System Recoil with ErgoStart Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.34 Litres Handle Type Loop Linehead Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Cutting Width (Linehead) 42cm Blade Optional - PolyCut 3-Tooth Harness Optional Sound Level 97dB (A) Vibration 6.0 / 5.7m/s2 (Left / Right) Weight 4.5kg Warranty 2 Years