One of the most powerful machines of its type currently in production, and coming equipped with a heavy-duty brush-blade, the STIHL FS490 C-EM will cut effortlessly through the most challenging scrub and bramble (it will even cope with young saplings).
Its very high-performance 3.3hp (51.6cc) 2-Mix engine is controlled by STIHL’s impressive ‘M-Tronic’ electronic management system, which ensures optimum performance levels are maintained under all conditions, thereby making it an invaluable feature for the professional landscaper.
STIHL’s range of 2-Mix engines are defined by their stratified-charge technology, which serves to virtually eliminate fuel-wastage during the combustion cycle, in turn producing a huge drop in fuel-consumption and exhaust emissions.
Other key engine attributes include a carburettor compensator, which ensures a dirty air-filter won’t overly compromise power-output; and ErgoStart, which means the lightest of pulls on the starter-rope is needed to get the motor going.
Operator-comfort is key when designing a machine for intensive commercial use, so deservedly renowned German manufacturers STIHL have furnished this model with a classic ‘cowhorn’-style handlebar, four-point vibration-damping and a soft-padded shoulder-harness. In addition, they’ve managed to keep the machine’s weight down to only 9.1kg.
- A seriously powerful tool for the hardened landscape contractor
- Very high-performance 3.3hp engine with STIHL’s effort-saving ErgoStart mechanism
- Stratified-charge technology leads to a 20% reduction in exhaust emissions
- Compensator for optimum performance in any given conditions
- Super-simple starting procedure
- ‘U’-type handle for an easy side-to-side sweeping action
- Comprehensive 4-point vibration damping
- Shoulder-harness and metal brush knife included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model With M-Tronic Engine Management & Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 51.6cc Engine Power 3.3hp / 2.4kW Starting System Recoil with ErgoStart Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.99 Litres Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead Optional Blade Brush-Knife 300-3 Harness Double Shoulder Harness Sound Level 102dB (A) Vibration 2.8 / 2.8m/s2 (Left / Right) Weight 9.1kg Warranty 2 Years