Stihl’s entry-level strimmer, the powerful but lightweight FS40, is the perfect tool for post-mowing tidying, fence-line maintenance and lawn-edging.
Driving it is a high-performance 27.2cc two-stroke power-unit, which has been equipped with a capacious 0.34-litre fuel-tank for a reduction in the frequency of refuelling-stops.
The engine is rated at a beefy 1hp; features an electronic ignition for consistently reliable starting; and utilises Stihl's fuel-saving and emission-cutting Stratified Charge technology.
The German-designed Stihl FS40 Grass Trimmer comes with a nylon-line head, which incorporates a ‘Tap ‘n’ Go’ mechanism – there’s no need to attend directly to the cutter-head when the cord has become worn. For heavier-duty applications, a three-bladed PolyCut brushcutting-head can be fitted.
This easy-handling model is impressively lightweight (only 4.4kg) and features Stihl’s usual high-specification ergonomics; a combination that means it couldn’t be more comfortable to work with.
- Ideal for general purpose domestic grass-trimming applications
- Powerful petrol engine with electronic ignition for trouble-free starts
- Stratified-Charge technology minimses fuel-consumption and emissions
- Large-capacity fuel-tank for reduced downtime
- ‘Tap ‘n’ Go’ line-head makes feeding-out new cord quick and simple
- Triple-blade PolyCut head also available
- One of the lightest machines in its class
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model With Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 27.2cc Engine Power 1hp / 0.7kW Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.34 Litres Handle Type Loop Linehead Twin Line Line Feed Bump Feed Blade Optional - PolyCut 3-Tooth Harness Optional Sound Level 94dB (A) Vibration 6.4m/s2 / 7.0m/s2 with Line Head Weight 4.4kg Warranty 2 Years