The majority of the weight of the commercial-grade FR460 TC-FEM is carried rucksack-style, so it’s perfect for use on the sort of steep ditches and banks that would be too much to tackle with a conventional handheld brushcutter.
Its seriously high-powered 45.6cc two-stroke engine has been equipped with Stihl’s M-Tronic electronic engine-management system, which enables you to start the engine at different altitudes without manual adjustment of the carburettor.
There’s also a push-button electronic ignition for the ultimate in convenience; and a manual fuel-primer for consistent first- or second-time starts after long periods of inaction.
The Stihl FR460 TC-FEM Backpack Brushcutter is fitted with a ‘loop’-type handle, the compact design of which makes it perfect for use where space is at a premium.
Stihl’s famed anti-vibration technology works to minimise the risk of shock damage to the user’s hands; while their provision of a multi-function grip means the main controls are always at your fingertips.
Another stand-out feature on this model is its carburettor compensator, which ensures an efficient fuel-air is maintained, no matter what condition the air-filter is in.
- The perfect tool for clearing the sort of inclines where a handheld model would prove too dangerous
- Electro-Start - get going at the push of a button!
- Manual purger ensures reliable starting from cold
- Stratified-charge technology leads to a 20% reduction in exhaust emissions
- Carburettor compensator works to maintain the optimum fuel/air mixture
- Padded body-harness and ergonomically-sculpted back-support
- Compact ‘loop’ handle makes it possible to work in tight spaces
- Convenient multi-function control handle
- High-specification vibration-damping
- Lightweight design
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model 2-Mix with M-Tronic Engine Management & Stratified-Charge Technology Engine Capacity 45.6cc Engine Power 3hp / 2.2kW Starting System Recoil with Electro-Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.75 Litre Handle Type Loop & Bar Linehead No Blade Grass-Cutting Blade 230-4 Harness Integrated Backpack Harness Sound Level 99dB (A) Vibration 2.0 / 2.0m/s2 Weight 11.5kg Warranty 2 Years