With less well-equipped mowers, you have spend time and effort stopping and restarting the engine every time you empty the grassbag, or need to cross hard surfaces or grassed areas that don’t require cutting. So as to get around this problem, Stiga have furnished this high-specification machine with a blade-brake clutch (BBC) that means the blade can be stopped while the engine keeps running!
The Stiga 55 SH BBC has been fitted with a two-edged Twinclip blade that cuts twice, thereby doubling collection-efficiency and ensuring you’ll be left with an attractively smooth and uniform finish the like of which can’t be produced by a standard blade.
It boasts trigger-operated handlebar folding/adjustment, so you’ll find it super-simple to make it comfortable and to prepare it for storage; and it benefits from an effort-saving power-drive that will see you traverse rough terrain and sloping ground with supreme ease.
Based around a hybrid galvanised-steel/aluminium chassis and running on ball-bearing-mounted aluminium wheels, the Stiga Twinclip 55 SH BBC is so robust, the manufacturers are able to back it with an extended five-year warranty.
A hosepipe fixture-point makes it possible to wash-off any under-deck debris accumulation with all four wheels on the ground; while Stiga’s provision of three cutting-options - bag; rear-discharge; mulch - delivers the sort of flexibility that’s vital if you’re going to effectively manage typically variable British conditions.
Driving the blade and rear wheels on the Stiga Twinclip 55 SH BBC Self-Propelled Lawnmower is a Honda GXV160 four-stroke air-cooled motor, which, thanks to its OHV-type layout, is characterised by its excellent fuel-economy, quiet, clean-running performance and low-emission operation.
This fast-working 53cm model has been paired-up with a spacious 70-litre grass-collector and offers hassle-free single-point cutting-height adjustment through the seven positions provided.
- A commercial-spec machine for professional and large-scale domestic use
- Blade-brake clutch - no need to stop the engine when emptying the grassbag
- Three-in-one design confers excellent flexibility-of-use
- Collect, mulch or rear-discharge grass-cuttings
- Mulch-plug, deflectors and large-capacity fabric bag included
- Twinclip blade for a superb finish and fantastic bagging-efficiency
- Premium four-stroke OHV engine from Japanese engineering-giants Honda
- Rear-wheel power-drive; ideal for lawns with slopes and rough-grass areas
- Cone-clutch transmission optimises torque-delivery to the drive-wheels
- Robust galvanised-steel/aluminium hybrid mower-deck
- Large-diameter rear-wheels aid manoeuvrability in long grass
- Single-lever height-adjustment means it couldn’t be easier to set the blade position
- Height-adjustable handlebar can be collapsed for more compact storage
- Ball-bearing wheels for durability and a smooth run on rough terrain
- Handy deck-wash port
Engine Make Honda Engine Model GXV160 OHV Engine Capacity 163cc Engine Power 3.8hp / 2.87kW @ 2800rpm Engine Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1.4 Litres Drive Self Propelled - Max. 3.6km/h Cutting Width 53cm Cutting Heights 22-77mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever Grass Collector 70 Litres Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Cutting Deck Hybrid - Galvanised-Steel/Aluminium Deck Washout Port Yes Handles Foldable / Adjustable with AVS Anti-Vibration Wheels Front 210mm / Rear 240mm - Grooved Aluminium - Ball-Bearing Mounted Safety Features Operator Presence Control & Blade-Brake Clutch Sound Level 98dB (A) Lawn Size Up to 1500m2 Weight 45kg Warranty 5 Years