Check items to add to the basket or select all
MowDirect Price Only£29.95
MowDirect Price Only£179.00
MowDirect Price Only£125.00
MowDirect Price Only£209.00
MowDirect Price Only£199.00
MowDirect Price Only£219.00
Get superior build-quality, great versatility and premium driver-comfort at an affordable price with the powerful and well-appointed Stiga Tornado 2098 Lawn Tractor!
Supplying that power is a Stiga 7050 engine; a super-efficient four-stroke air-cooled motor that develops a whopping 8.7hp from a displacement of only 352cc; and which, thanks to its electric key starter, is quick and easy to get going.
Stiga’s OHV engine-technology ensures you’ll enjoy low fuel-costs, smooth, low-vibration operation and a marked reduction in nasty exhaust-emissions.
The Stiga Tornado 2098 is a dual-function machine capable of either side-discharging or mulching.
In side-discharge mode - which is ideal for overgrown orchard- and meadow-grass - clippings are laid-out in neat rows to the machine’s right, where they’ll wilt away; while in mulching-mode - which is perfect for well-maintained formal lawns - they’re held under the deck and shredded, before being forced at speed into the turf, providing it with natural organic fertiliser as they quickly rot down.
Designed with careful attention to ergonomics, the Stiga Tornado 2098 Lawn Tractor combines an ideally positioned height-of-cut control lever with an adjustable high-back seat, a raised soft-grip steering-wheel and push-button blade engagement.
It has a six-speed manual gearbox (five forward; one reverse), so there’s a suitable ground-speed for every situation; and it’s fitted with a pivoting front axle that ensures a consistent finish on rolling ground.
The large (457mm), wide-profile drive-tyres on the Stiga Tornado 2098 offer the perfect balance between high-grip traction and surface gentleness.
A hosepipe fixture-point means you’ll have no trouble getting rid of corrosive, performance-limiting debris from the underside of the deck; while twin anti-scalp gauge-wheels work to stop turf-marking when manoeuvring on inclines.
Further stand-out features include a cup-holder for on-hand refreshment; twin headlights for safe poor-light mowing; and safety contact-breaker that prevents start-up when the driver’s seat is vacant.
This 98cm machine will prove highly productive over areas up to 8000m2.
- A mulch- and side-discharge capable tractor – ideal if you don’t want to bag grass
- At home on both long-grass areas and well-maintained lawns
- Manual gearbox provides an ideal forward-speed for a variety of conditions
- High-performance Stiga engine with an emission-cutting and fuel-saving OHV design
- Straightforward electric key starter
- Multi-position height-of-cut adjustment - adapt to the grass-length
- Deck-wash facility makes the removal of clumped clippings simple
- Comfortable light-touch steering and ergonomic high-back seat
- Contact-breaker on the driver’s seat for optimum user-safety
- Large-diameter drive-wheels will prove gentle on delicate surfaces
- Capacious fuel-tank for long, uninterrupted runs
- Twin headlights for safe mowing in low-light conditions
- Cup holder - keep your refreshment of choice directly to hand
- Roomy storage compartment
Engine Make Stiga Engine Model 7050 Series OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 352cc Engine Power 8.7hp / 6.5kW @ 2800rpm Engine Cylinders Single Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 6 Litres Transmission Manual - 5 Forward / 1 Reverse Drive Rear Wheel Speed 9.7km/hr (Max.) Cutting Width 98cm Cutting Heights 25-80mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever - Spring Assisted Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Turning Circle 140cm Blades Twin Grass Collector No Mulching Yes Side-Discharge Yes Headlights Yes Cup Holder Yes Seat Stiga Classic - Highback / Adjustable Steering Wheel Stiga Ergonomic - Raised with Soft Grip Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes - 2 Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm Wheels - Rear 457mm Dimensions (HxWxL) 110cm x 120cm x 173cm Sound Level 99dB (A) Weight 160kg Lawn Size Up to 8000m2 Warranty 2 Years
- Premium Service
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
Stiga Tornado 2098
Review by Jessica / (Posted on 24/08/2019)
Stiga Tornado 2098Review by Jessica / (Posted on 24/08/2019)Fantastic!
Ease of Use
A wonderful bit of kit for the garden and field
Review by Sarah Magness / (Posted on 25/06/2019)
A wonderful bit of kit for the garden and fieldReview by Sarah Magness / (Posted on 25/06/2019)This lawn tractor is fabulous! I was worried about whether it really could manage both a manicured lawn and a meadow but it really does both wonderfully.
The mulching function is perfect for the lawn and the grass magically disappears leaving a short cut, I even managed stripes second time out! The grass in the meadow was thigh high, and up a decent slope but it chugs along and cuts effortlessly. I say chug but it’s actually pretty racy, I just prefer going slow :)
The pre-sales support was great and I received my tractor the next day after order. I then called a lot as I could get it off the pallet, couldn’t work out how to start it etc, etc and the team were wonderful and extremely patient. They even diverted an engineer to help me start it when the problem I had was that I hadn’t got it properly in neutral.
Basically a great machine and a great company to buy from!
Ease of Use
- Stiga Tornado 2098