Professional-style features and power and a remarkably low price-point - that’s the essential appeal of this top-of-the-range petrol chainsaw from long-established and trusted Swedish brand Stiga.
Supplying that power (3.1hp) is a large-displacement 52cc Stiga air-cooled two-stroke engine which boasts a new cylinder/piston design that delivers a marked cut in both emissions and fuel-consumption.
Premium engine-features include a magnesium crankcase for lightness and faster heat-dissipation; a three-piece crankshaft for optimum torque-transfer and supreme long-term reliability; and a decompression-valve for pretty much effort-free recoil-starts.
With its automatic chain-lubrication system, extra-long 50cm guide-bar and impressive chain-speed (23.1m/s), the Stiga SP526 cuts quickly, smoothly and cleanly through more substantial logs and timbers.
The chain-oiler on the SP526 is fully adjustable, thereby ensuring you’ll be able to manage wood-types of varying densities.
Simple side-screw chain-tensioning makes in-the-field maintenance a breeze; while effective vibration-damping works to keep hand- and arm-strain at bay throughout extended sessions.
The Stiga SP526 Petrol Chainsaw has a dual-action chain-brake that’s triggered either by inertia (‘kick-back’); or by the operator using the perfectly positioned brake-lever.
It offers onboard tool-storage, so your chain-adjustment screwdriver and spark-plug key will always be directly to hand; and it boasts a top-quality nylon-net air-filter that lessens wear and tear on key parts by protecting against debris-ingress.
- Stiga's top-of-the-range petrol chainsaw - ideal for heavier-duty domestic use
- High-performance 2-stroke air-cooled engine from Stiga themselves
- CDI ignition, primer and butterfly-valve carb for hassle-free starting
- Nylon-net air-filter protects key parts from sawdust ingress
- Durable three-piece crankshaft
- Lightweight and quick-cooling magnesium crankcase
- Dual-action chain-brake for peace of mind in terms of operator-safety
- Automatic chain-lubrication with adjustable flow-rate
- Anti-vibration system lessens stress on the hands and arms
- Straightforward side-screw chain-tensioning
- Maintenance-tools included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Capacity 52cc Engine Power 3.1hp / 2.3kW Starting System Recoil with Primer, CDI Ignition & Decompression-Valve Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.46 Litres Guide Bar Length 50cm Chain Pitch .325" Chain Gauge 0.050" Chain Speed 23.1m/s Chain Brake Dual Action - Manual / Inertia Chain Tensioner Manual Chain Oiler Automatic / Adjustable Chain Oil Capacity 0.26 Litres Sound Level 114dB(A) Vibration 6.04 / 6.49m/s² Weight 6.6kg Warranty 2 Years