Clear substantial areas of overgrown grass, nettles, weeds and bramble with impressive speed and efficiency when you get your hands on this aggressive scythe-mower from Swedish landscaping-experts Stiga!
At its core is a high-capacity 190cc Briggs & Stratton 625-Series engine that develops a hefty 5.1hp; and which combines effective Splash Lubrication with a quality paper air-filter and an aluminium cylinder-sleeve for rock-solid long-term reliability.
A float-feed carburettor delivers improved startability and helps to maintain peak performance; while a performance-muffler dampens sound-output for a less stressful working-environment.
The Stiga Silex 87B Scythe Mower boasts an extra-wide 87cm blade-set with a generous 33mm tooth-spacing that ensures even large-diameter brush and scrub won’t stand a chance.
It runs on deep-tread tyres that provide all the traction you’ll need when the going gets tough; and it benefits from an adjustable cutting-height (20-50mm) that makes it possible to adapt to the conditions facing you on any given day.
The handlebar on this model contains all the key controls and can be height-adjusted to suit the operator.
- An unforgiving scythe-mower for heavy-duty landscaping jobs
- Expansive cutter-bar - cover large areas fast
- Wide tooth-gap means thick growth is easily dealt with
- Large-displacement B & S OHV engine delivers superior power and performance
- Sizeable wheels with high-traction tyres for successful operation on tough terrain
- Adjustable height-of-cut for enhanced flexibility of use
- Conveniently grouped controls
- Comfortable height-adjustable handlebar
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model 625 Series OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 190cc Engine Power 5.1hp / 3.8kW @ 2900rpm Engine Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1 Litre Transmission Endless Screw in Oil Bath + Belt Differential No Gears Single Speed Clutch Yes Handles Adjustable Track Width TBC Wheel Type with Pneumatic Tyres Wheel Size 330mm