Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Strong Bit of Kit
Strong Bit of Kit This machine runs really well (as you would expect) and cuts beautifully.
I wouldn't want this to put anyone off but my only gripes would be the self-cleaning deck plug doesn't work (at all), it doesn't clean anything lol, and the grass collection indicator isn't much use. However, these are two things you don't need really and it doesn't affect performance.
- Great Piece of Kit for Your Garden!
Great Piece of Kit for Your Garden! Strong build quality, yet surprisingly light to manoeuvre! Instructions to put together aren't the easiest to follow but with patience they fall into place. Thankfully the grass collection basket is more or less done for you! Phew, that was a relief!
The supplied oil is a great touch, yes although the oil filler neck is in a slightly awkward place, the shape of the bottle when angled correctly works a treat! Started second pull, engine sounds pretty quiet, the 48 cm cut just munches through the lawn in no time!
Did order the 45 cm one first, so glad I changed my mind! The service from MowDirect was fantastic, from start to finish they kept me updated and informed.
- Mountfield S481-HP 4-Wheeled Petrol Rotary Lawn Mower (Push-Type)
Mountfield S481-HP 4-Wheeled Petrol Rotary Lawn Mower (Push-Type) I used to have a Mountfield 100cc and it was for ever having difficulties in cutting the grass, so I decided to invest in a bigger engine and I could honestly say it's the best purchase i have made. Plus, the service from MowDirect was excellent
- Rubbish Assembly Instructions. The machine Itself seems OK
Rubbish Assembly Instructions. The machine Itself seems OK 1. Ordered 10th June 2016 - delivered next day. It does seem good value, robust and well built.
2. Assembly - bit perplexing- difficult to follow instructions. It tries to cover several different machines. E.g I didn't understand that this model has a mulching "chute " duh! - had to phone Customer support who were very helpful.
3. First cut is good - started 2nd pull - long, wettish grass - my lawn is about 400 m2
4. I bought this because I had a similar Mountfield Honda engine, which has done well for 18 years ; plus, it got 74% rating in Which? BUT this isn't Honda, and it's a smaller engine ... the real test is : efficiency over time, and reliability.
5. Also - is the Warranty worthless? How do I get it serviced by an "Accredited Mountfield Agent "? (I'm in West London)
Happy mowing !
Editor's note: You can find Mountfield agents on http://www.mountfieldlawnmowers.co.uk/storelocator (just paste into your browser) ...or you can contact us directly on 0845 4588 905 (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
- Overall Good
Overall Good I think the instructions could be clearer as some of it is guess work. The oil filler needs a funnel with an extendable spout as the inlet is in an awkward place.
Also the cap which screws on the oil inlet is fiddly to say the least. Apart from that is is a great mower and well worth the money..