Aimed at the top-end of the commercial landscaping market, the Orec Rabbit RM88 offers a ‘go-anywhere’ capability and has been developed with driver comfort and safety to the fore.
Its all-terrain credentials are down to its differential-lock, agricultural-type tyres, wide stance, optimised weight-distribution and low-profile design; a combination that makes it possible to operate on the sort of severe inclines that would defeat a conventional tractor; and which would be hard to clear safely using a handheld brushcutter.
The Orec Rabbit RM88 Ride-On Brushcutter has been fitted a Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine; a 16hp four-stroke air-cooled unit with a Dura-Bore cast-iron cylinder-sleeve for enhanced compression and outstanding long-term reliability; and a V-Twin configuration optimised torque-output and a reduction in uncomfortable vibration.
It benefits from a hydrostatic transmission that delivers an intuitive drive by giving the operator infinitely-variable ground-speed control using a foot-pedal; and it offers infinite-increment height-of-cut control (50-110mm), so you’ll be able to select the most effective blade position with exacting precision.
Thanks to its rack-and-pinion steering system and steering-wheel ball, the Orec Rabbit RM88 is effortlessly manoeuvrable and as such will come into its own on obstacle-packed terrain like that found in forests and orchards.
This model is not designed solely for brushcutting tasks; it also excels at conventional green-field mowing.
- An all-terrain ride-on brushcutter for the toughest professional clearing tasks
- Wide stance, diff-lock and low centre-of-gravity for safe slope-work
- High-powered V-Twin overhead-valve engine from B & S
- Cast-iron cylinder-sleeve for durability and optimum compression
- Foot-pedal controlled hydro transmission for an intuitive drive
- Ultra-responsive rack-and-pinion type steering
- Infinitely variable cutting-height adjustment for precision blade-setting
- Also suitable for conventional green-field mowing
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model Vanguard V-Twin OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 479cc Engine Power 16hp / 12kW Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Controlled Drive Rear Wheel Speed Forward - 0 - 10km/h / Reverse: 0 - 4.5km/h Differential Yes - with Lock Cutting Width 88cm Cutting Heights 50-110mm Height Adjustment Infinitely Variable Blade Engagement (PTO) Manual Blades Single Grass Collector N/A Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Headlights No Steering Rack & Pinion Lawn Size Up to 6000m2 Warranty 2 Years Domestic / 1 Year Commercial
- Premium Service
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.