Of exceptionally robust construction and packed with high-end features, the truly impressive Orec FL500BC has been designed to meet the requirements of the most demanding landscape professionals.
It blends large-diameter agrarian-tread drive-wheels with a differential lock; a combination that ensures you’ll be able to traverse the sort of steep inclines that would likely defeat a conventional walk-behind mower; and which would be potentially unsafe to clear with a handheld brushcutter.
The Orec FL500BC has been fitted with an unforgiving brushcutting blade that’s capable of taking-down tall grass and dense scrub. The blade is powered via an indirect drive so as to prevent engine-damage should it strike an unseen immovable object.
Driving the Orec FL500BC Rough-Grass Mower is a top-quality Honda GXV160 engine; a 5.5hp (163cc) four-stroke OHV-type power-pack with a dual-element air-filter, splash lubrication and a cast-iron cylinder lining for outstanding durability; and a high compression-ratio and optimised valve overlap for superior fuel-economy.
A large-capacity multi-chamber exhaust system delivers a marked reduction in engine noise; while precision-engineered components and a ball-bearing supported crank work to minimise vibration and wear.
This rugged machine has been equipped with a heavy-gauge steel cutter-deck and chassis that confer the sort of robustness that’s so vital for commercial landscape contractors.
It offers single-point height-of-cut adjustment (10 – 70mm), so it’s quick and easy to select the optimum blade position for any given job; and it’s fitted with a vertically adjustable handlebar that ensures comfortable mowing for operators of any height (the handlebar can be offset when mowing along walls and fence lines).
In order to optimise both flexibility-of-use and manoeuvrability, Orec have provided a four-speed gearbox (3 + 1).
This model has a generous 50cm cutting-width and features a safety-enhancing blade-brake clutch.
A mulch-blade is available as an optional accessory.
- A commercial-grade rough-cut mower with a diff-lock for effective slope-work
- Large-diameter drive-wheels with high-traction tread
- Premium-quality blade will scythe with ease through weeds, brush and high grass
- Indirect blade-drive prevents engine damage in the event of accidental impact
- Cast-iron cylinder sleeve and dual-element air-filter for a lengthy engine-life
- OHV engine-design and high compression-ratio work to minimise fuel-costs
- Precision-engineered engine-parts reduce noise, vibration and wear
- Cutter-deck and chassis are made from durable high-grade steel
- Convenient single-lever cutting-height adjustment
- Laterally- and vertically-adjustable handlebar
- Three forward speeds and one reverse
- Blade-brake clutch for the safe crossing of non-grass areas
- Optional mulch-blade available
Engine Make Honda Engine Model GXV160 OHV Engine Capacity 163cc Engine Power 4.3hp / 3.2kW Engine Cylinders Single Engine Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1.4 Litres Transmission Manual - 3 Forward / 1 Reverse Differential Yes with Lock Cutting Width 50cm Cutting Heights 10-70mm Height Adjustment Infinitely Variable Blades Single Handles Height Adjustable / Laterally Adjustable Weight 68kg Warranty 2 Years Domestic / 1 Year Commercial (Crankshaft: 10 Years)