Check items to add to the basket or select all
Discerning gardeners looking for a fast and convenient way to keep a substantial lawn in check will be impressed by this high-performance 53cm-cut machine from American power-tool specialists MTD (it’s aimed at lawns and paddocks up to 1500m2).
Essential to its superb cutting-capability is its Briggs & Stratton 675EX Series engine; a 190cc air-cooled four-stroke OHV unit that’s from one of the biggest-selling small-engine families of all time; and which has been designed to deliver unprecedented reliability and performance.
B & S’s ReadyStart system and Magnentronic electronic ignition combine to make starting fast and ultra-dependable; while their provision of a quality paper air-filter delivers optimum component-protection and therefore a lengthy engine-life.
The MTD OPTIMA 53 SPB HW Petrol Lawnmower has a power-drive that works with extra-large 280mm drive-wheels to ensure the sort of rough, tussocky areas and inclines that would defeat a lesser machine won’t prove a problem.
It runs on ball-bearing wheels that won’t stiffen-up with age, as can be the case with cheaper bush-mounted wheels; and it comes equipped with a large-capacity 70-litre grassbag that helps to cut mowing-time by reducing the frequency of emptying.
Both mulch- and rear-discharge capable and giving the choice of six preset cutting-heights (28-92mm), the MTD OPTIMA 53 SPB can be set-up to achieve great results whatever conditions you’re working under.
A steel mower-deck brings superior strength and durability; while a height-adjustable handlebar with soft-grip means comfortable, low-effort mowing for gardeners of any stature.
- A very powerful self-propelled mower ideal for lawns with areas of rough and sloping ground
- Top-quality 4-stroke OHV power-pack from industry-leaders Briggs & Stratton
- 70-litre collector and 46cm cutting-width – ideal for lawns up to 1500m2
- Strong and durable steel cutter-deck
- Six preset cutting-heights for the perfect finish – centrally adjusted for ease-of-use
- Height-adjustable Ergo handle minimises operator-fatigue and folds for compact storage
- Smooth-rolling and long-lasting ball-bearing mounted wheels
- Deck-wash port for hassle-free cleaning of the undercarriage
- Mulch-plug supplied as standard
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model 675EX Series OHV Engine Capacity 190cc Engine Power 3.5hp / 2.4kW @ 2900rpm Engine Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1 Litre Drive Self Propelled Cutting Width 53cm Cutting Heights 28-92 (6 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever Grass Collector 70 Litres Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Cutting Deck Steel Deck Washout Port Yes Handles Adjustable / Foldable Wheels Front 200mm / Rear 280mm Safety Features Operator Presence Control Lawn Size Up to 1500m2 Weight 41kg Warranty 2 Years