Check items to add to the basket or select all
Enjoy a host of top-quality features and cover a lawn around 1000m2 in no time with this powerful and well-equipped 46cm petrol rotary-mower from venerable U.S. manufacturers MTD.
Driving it is a Briggs & Stratton 500E Series engine; a 140cc 4-stroke air-cooled power-pack that features B & S’s maintenance-free Magnetronic electronic ignition for reliable starting whatever the conditions; and which employs an oiled-foam air-filter that provides crucial parts with optimum protection from wear and tear.
An overhead-valve configuration brings a marked reduction in sound-output; vibration; fuel-consumption; and exhaust emissions; while a Lo-Tone muffler works to make things more bearable for you and your neighbours.
The MTD OPTIMA 46 SPB HW Petrol Lawnmower offers single-point height-of-cut control, so making the necessary adjustments is super-simple (the range is through six-stages from 28 – 92mm).
It has a self-propelled transmission and extra-large-diameter drive-wheels; a combination that ensures sloping ground and informal rough-grass areas can be traversed without fuss; and it’s equipped with a height-adjustable soft-grip handlebar for long hours of comfortable grass-cutting.
A deck-wash nozzle means it’s easy to keep the underside of the durable steel deck free of rotting and corrosive clippings; while a large 60-litre grass-catcher will keep you going for long periods between stops for emptying.
Also important are the ball-bearing mounted wheels that won’t become stiff with age (unlike cheaper bush-mounted wheels).
- A powerful self-propelled mower ideal for lawns with areas of rough and sloping ground
- Top-quality 4-stroke OHV power-pack from industry-leaders Briggs & Stratton
- 60-litre collector and 46cm cutting-width – ideal for lawns up to 1000m2
- Strong and durable steel cutter-deck
- Six preset cutting-heights for the perfect finish – centrally adjusted for ease-of-use
- Height-adjustable Ergo handle minimises operator-fatigue and folds for compact storage
- Smooth-rolling and long-lasting ball-bearing mounted wheels
- Deck-wash port for hassle-free cleaning of the undercarriage
- Mulch-plug supplied as standard
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model 500E OHV Engine Capacity 140cc Engine Power 1.9kW @ 2800rpm Engine Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 0.8 Litres Drive Self Propelled Cutting Width 46cm Cutting Heights 28-92 (6 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever Grass Collector 60 Litres Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Cutting Deck Steel Deck Washout Port Yes Handles Foldable / Adjustable Wheels Front 180mm / Rear 280mm Safety Features Operator Presence Control Lawn Size Up to 1000m2 Weight 37kg Warranty 2 Years