The MTD BV3000G is characterised by its numerous handy features; high-powered 25cc engine; and superior build-quality; a combination that means it should be high on the exacting gardener’s list of considerations.
Unlike many blower-vacs, where changing operating modes can be clunky and time-consuming, this model requires a simple pull on a lever – no tools or alternative tubes are needed.
In blower-mode, the MTD BV3000G Petrol Mulcher Blower-Vac creates a seriously powerful 165km/h air-speed, enough to deal with twigs, pine cones and other heavier garden debris. Once the debris has been piled-up, it can be vacuumed and then shredded at a rate of 10:1, with the fine mulch that’s produced being perfect for composting purposes (the mulch is sent to a 40-litre close-weave bag that keeps dust at bay).
The MTD BV3000G has been equipped with MTD’s Easy-Pull Starting System, which reduces resistance in the starter-cord by a huge 60-percent.
This blower-vac comes supplied with a supportive shoulder-strap and has an ergonomic handgrip for ease-of-handling.
- A quality petrol blower-vac for tough domestic clear-up tasks
- Select your operating-mode by pull a lever – no tools or separate tubes required
- Capable of shifting heavier debris and stuck-down leaves
- Shreds vacuumed material leaving you with a valuable mulch
- Collection bag is made from close-weave fibres to prevent dust escaping
- Zip along the bag’s underside makes emptying easy
- High-performance engine with MTD’s effort-saving Easy Pull system
- Starter-rope resistance is reduced by a substantial 60%
- Comfort-enhancing shoulder-strap included
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Capacity 25cc Engine Power 0.75kW (1hp) @ 8,000 rpm Engine Starting System Recoil Air Flow Speed 165 km / h Air Flow Volume 11 m³/min (660 m³/h) Vac Kit Integrated Bag Capacity 40 Litres Shredding System High-Impact Impellor Debris Reduction Ratio 10:1 Wheel Kit No Harness Shoulder Strap Weight 7.2kg Warranty 2 Years
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Doesn't do Job Very Well
Review by Janine Brighouse / (Posted on 28/08/2017)
Doesn't do Job Very WellReview by Janine Brighouse / (Posted on 28/08/2017)First of all, it's easy to put together. But that's it. Starting it is hard work and then to work the machine is a nightmare. When you pull the trigger it soon loses power and you have to keep letting go of the trigger then pulling trigger quickly again and again to keep the machine working and this happens on full power. Even doing this it's not got enough blow, I think my hairdryer would be quicker.
To pick up it's the same, it just doesn't do the job and you have put the tube on the floor for it to pick up dry dead leaves, in fact quicker to get the brush.
Ease of Use
- Doesn't do Job Very Well