Check items to add to the basket or select all
If you have a sizeable lawn or rough-grass area (up to 2500m2) and are looking for a fast, practical and convenient way to maintain it, the impressively well-equipped Mountfield SP551-VLS Petrol Lawnmower is worth some serious consideration.
Producing a substantial 3.5hp from a displacement of just 166cc is a Mountfield four-stroke engine with a lithium-ion powered push-button electric starter that makes achieving ignition a simple, effort-free process; and an OHV configuration which ensures you’ll enjoy efficient, low-emission performance with reduced noise and vibration.
The Mountfield SP551-VLS Variable-Speed 3-in-1 Petrol Lawnmower is one of the most versatile machines of its type available, with its infinitely adjustable power-drive, three-in-one capability (collect; mulch; rear-discharge) and seven-step cutting-height range facilitating the management of different terrains, surface-types and grass-conditions (variable-speed self-propulsion also provides enhanced manoeuvrability).
It benefits from a high-torque transmission that means inclines, bumpy ground and long-grass won’t prove problematic; and it comes with a spacious 70-litre hard-top canvas catcher that combines with a largest-in-class 53cm cut to deliver superior large-area productivity.
Thanks to its breathable fabric catcher and dual-surface Twinclip blade, the Mountfield SP551-VLS Variable-Speed 3-in-1 Petrol Lawnmower offers excellent collection-capacity and will enable you to cover lots of ground between stops for emptying.
A galvanised-steel mower-deck and heavy-duty aluminium fixings bring a level of durability that's certain to impress; while Mountfield’s provision of a deck-wash link makes the job of undercarriage-cleaning quick and easy.
Other attractive features include simple single-lever cutting-height selection; large, traction-maximising drive-wheels; and a comfortable, light-touch speed-adjustment lever.
This built-to-last machine carries an extended five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- A premium petrol rotary mower aimed at the top-end domestic-use market
- From trusted British brand Mountfield
- Powerful but efficient and clean-running 4-stroke OHV engine
- Push-button electric starter - no more struggling with a starter-rope
- Stepless ground-speed adjustment for enhanced manoeuvrability and control
- 3-in-1 design means you can adapt to pretty much any conditions
- Simple, centralised height-of-cut selection
- High-torque gearing - breeze up slopes and across rough ground
- Built to last with a galvanised-steel deck and sturdy aluminium fixtures
- Sizeable cutting-width and capacious catcher ensure a substantial area can be rapidly covered
- Twinclip blade cuts and recuts for a superior finish and optimised bagging-performance
- Large-diameter drive-wheels for gentle, scuff-free traction
Engine Make Mountfield Engine Model ST170 OHV with Lithium Start Engine Capacity 166cc Engine Power 3.5hp / 2.6kW @ 2900rpm Engine Starting System Electric Start Drive Self Propelled - Variable Speed (Max. 4.4km/h) Cutting Width 53cm Cutting Heights 25-77mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever Grass Collector 70 Litres - Canvas with Hard Top Mulching Yes Side-Discharge No Cutting Deck Galvanised Steel with Aluminium Fixtures Deck Washout Port Yes Wheels Front 210mm / Rear 240mm Safety Features Operator Presence Control Lawn Size Up to 2500m2 Warranty 5 Years