This fantastically well-engineered and well-equipped machine from long-established UK brand Mountfield offers an array of premium features and will appeal to discerning gardeners seeking to get that bit of extra quality for their money.
The Mountfield S501R-VLS Roller Mower comes powered by a Mountfield ST170 engine; a cutting-edge 166cc four-stroke motor with a lithium-ion push-button electric starter that will make your life a whole lot easier by eliminating the frustration and sweat that so often accompanies the traditional pull-type recoil ignition-system.
The engine develops a hefty 3.5hp and employs Mountfield’s emission-reducing and fuel-saving OHV technology.
Thanks to its powder-coated, galvanised-steel deck and aluminium fixtures, the Mountfield S501R-VLS has a nice, solid feel and is well placed to handle the demands of regular heavy-duty use.
A generous 48cm width-of-cut and hugely roomy 80-litre catcher ensure a rapid work-rate with minimal time lost for emptying; while a variable-speed transmission works to optimise manoeuvrability and lets you match your forward-speed to the prevailing conditions.
The rear-roller on the Mountfield S501R-VLS Variable-Speed Petrol Lawnmower not only produces an attractive lawn-stripe, it also provides stability when mowing flush along the borders of veg-plots and flowerbeds.
Further notable benefits include a blockage- and spillage-preventing ‘grassbag full’ indicator; and easy single-point selection from the eight cutting-heights provided.
Mountfield are so confident of this model’s build-quality, they’re able to back it with a five-year warranty.
- A premium roller-mower offering high-end features and build-quality at an attractive price
- Fuel-efficient and clean-running Mountfield OHV engine
- Push-button electric starter - no more struggling with a starter-rope
- Powered rear-roller saves effort when operating on inclines and undulating terrain
- Capable of producing an extra-close-cut finish
- Canvas grass-collector takes-up minimal space in the shed or garage
- Handy 'bag full' warning indicator
- Straightforward single-point height-of-cut adjustment
- Built to last with a galvanised-steel deck and sturdy aluminium fixtures
- Sizeable cutting-width and capacious catcher ensure a substantial area can be rapidly covered
- Twinclip blade cuts and recuts for a superior finish and optimised bagging-performance
Engine Make Mountfield Engine Model ST170 OHV with Lithium Start Engine Capacity 166cc Engine Power 3.5hp / 2.6kW @ 2900rpm Engine Starting System Electric Start Drive Self Propelled - Variable Speed Cutting Width 48cm Cutting Heights 13-65mm (8 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever Grass Collector 80 Litres - Canvas with Hard Top Grassbag Full Indicator Yes Mulching No Cutting Deck Galvanised Steel with Aluminium Fixtures Wheels Front 200mm Rear Roller Yes Safety Features Operator Presence Control Lawn Size Up to 1000m2 Warranty 5 Years