Check items to add to the basket or select all
MowDirect Price Only£99.00
MowDirect Price Only£39.95
MowDirect Price Only£249.00
MowDirect Price Only£1,059.00
MowDirect Price Only£379.00
MowDirect Price Only£155.00
MowDirect Price Only£459.00
MowDirect Price Only£285.00
MowDirect Price Only£249.00
A powerful garden tractor for larger gardens.
Power and performance are standard on this top of the range 2248H garden tractor. With its high output 122cm ‘ContraFlo’ cutting system large areas of grass really are cut down to size.
At the heart of the machine is a 656cc Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder Intek engine, a quiet and efficient source of power to an infinitely variable hydrostatic transmission that delivers smooth and controllable drive to the wheels.
As with all models in the Mountfield garden tractor range operator comfort is a high priority, the control levers and pedals on the 2248H are located within easy reach of the driving position. The high back comfort seat is fully adjustable and the steering console features an illuminated diagnostic display.
An audible alarm activates when the collector is full, automatically resetting once it has been emptied. When conditions are suitable, collection and disposal of grass clippings can be eliminated by fitting the mulching kit supplied.
From fine lawns to unruly paddocks you can be confident that the Mountfield 2248H can take a heavy workload in its stride, delivering unbeatable cutting performance and setting the standard in lawn care. A tow bar and mulching plug are supplied as standard.
- Powerful twin cylinder Briggs & Stratton engine
- ContraFlow system for collecting even in wet conditions
- Foot operated hydrostatic transmission
- Electronic blade engagement
- Audible alarm for when collector is full
- Ergonomically placed controls
- Adjustable seat
- Step-through design offering more leg room and easy access
- Free mulch kit supplied saving on the need to collect when conditions suit
- Free tow bar supplied for use with range of attachments
- 122 cm (48") cutting width
- Suitable for areas up to 5 acres
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model Intek 7220-Series V-Twin OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 656cc Engine Power 10.4kW (13.9hp) @ 2500rpm Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 7 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Controlled Drive Rear Wheel Speed 8.8km/h (Max.) Cutting Width 122cm Cutting Heights 30-90mm Height Adjustment 7 Positions Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Turning Circle 170cm Blades Double Grass Collector 320 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Grassbag Full Indicator Yes - Audible Mulching Yes Rear Deflector Optional Side-Discharge No Headlights Yes Seat With Safety Contact-Breaker Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes - 4 Tow Bar Yes Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm Wheels - Rear 460mm Dimensions (HxWxL) TBC x 129cm x 242cm Sound Level 105dB (A) Weight 247kg Lawn Size Up to 16,000m2 Warranty 5 Years
- The Brand
About MountfieldThe Mountfield name has been associated with quality lawn mowers, garden tractors, ride on mowers and garden equipment for nearly 50 years.
Mountfield is part of the GGP (Global Garden Products) Group who manufacturer of one of the largest ranges of lawnmowers and garden machinery in the world. Based in northern Italy, GGP are the market leaders for ride-on mowers in Europe with 120,000 units sold in 2007 - an estimated 39% market share.
Mountfield lawnmowers and garden equipment are distributed in the UK by GGP UK Limited who operate a comprehensive service dealer network. Mountfield is Britain's favourite brand of petrol lawn mower and their ride-on mowers & tractors have been sold in the UK since the 1970s.
- White Gloves
White Gloves Service
We understand those special touches can make a huge difference to your buying experience and that's why we have introduced our exclusive White Gloves Service where we take care of you every step of the way from purchase through to personal hand-over - and beyond.
This special service is only available from MowDirect and includes:
- One-to-one contact with a trained member of our friendly team who will liaise with you directly regarding your delivery requirements
- Fully assembling your product for you and fuelling it up so that it arrives ready to mow
- Undertaking a complete PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with the manufacturer’s established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing a personal hand-over service by one of our expert demonstrators who will explain everything you need to know about your new ride-on and how to use it*
- Premier Helpline should you need any back up or support after delivery
Order online now to receive our exclusive White Gloves Service with this product or phone 0345 4588 905 (Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm / Sat: 10am-4pm) and ask to speak to one of our Ride-on Mower Specialists who will be happy to take your call.
* Personal hand-over service available for mainland addresses in England & Wales plus some Scottish postcodes. (If you need delivery north of the border please contact us first to discuss.)
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Good but a Couple of Annoying Features
Review by James / (Posted on 03/12/2017)
Good but a Couple of Annoying FeaturesReview by James / (Posted on 03/12/2017)I had ordered the model below this one but was offered a deal to go one model up and so paid a grand or so under the RRP which is obviously very fortunate. The product is absolutely fine and so the notes below are more gripes than anything else but if you're shelling out four grand on a mower you might want to know the following.
Note that it arrived pre-assembled. Delivery and service from MowDirect was fine, including them taking it back to check it out with no hassles due to a couple of initial queries I had.
Good stuff: I moved into a new house in late October (UK) and the grass on the lawn and in the paddock was out of control and wet. Too impatient to wait until Spring I spent a couple of long days getting it cut and the mower was able to deal with it easily. As long as you use the highest cut setting first, take it slowly, and work your way to the lower cut height settings it can cope pretty well with long, wet grass. Changing cut height is via a lever that you access while seated and you can do it on the move, it's very easy.
The capacity of the grass collector is very large so you're not emptying it too often, the turning circle is pretty small and it copes pretty easily with slopes, the hydrostatic drive is really simple - basically a pedal for forward, one for backwards. A child could drive it.
The annoying stuff: The mower has a lever for emptying the collector without getting off the mower but it also has a cut out that turns off the engine when you lift the collector- so you have to get off to move the grass out of the way to get the bin closed again to be able to start the engine. It might be a setting I haven't figured out yet but it's so dumb - the feature is completely useless.
There is another safety feature whereby the engine cuts out if there's no weight on the seat (presumably in case you fall off), however it's extremely sensitive and if you go fast over bumpy ground and momentarily your weight is off the seat the engine cuts out.
Finally, while the mechanical start for the engine is fine, the electrical part is a bit temperamental. After emptying, or if the engine cuts out due to the things above, it seems to get confused and you have to bounce around on the seat and open and close the bin a few times to get the thing to reset so it will start again. Easy enough once you get used to it but still annoying.
Overall I'm happy with it and now my grass is under control and it'll really only be mowed when dry and with mulch plug in, it'll be very straightforward but I am probably going to figure out how to disable the bin and seat triggers to cut the engine as they're just a pain.*
* Editor's Note: We cannot recommend customising the machine in this way as the cutout triggers are safety features.
Ease of Use
- Good but a Couple of Annoying Features