Check items to add to the basket or select all
MowDirect Price Only£379.00
MowDirect Price Only£155.00
MowDirect Price Only£459.00
MowDirect Price Only£285.00
MowDirect Price Only£249.00
MowDirect Price Only£249.00
MowDirect Price Only£1,059.00
MowDirect Price Only£39.95
Gardeners looking for superior performance, build-quality and versatility in their garden-tractor should check-out the impressive Mountfield 2243H-SD!
That top-end performance is thanks to its Briggs & Stratton Intek 7220-Series engine; a 656cc four-stroke key-start motor that blends OHV technology with a V-Twin cylinder arrangement for smooth, high-torque operation with outstanding long-term reliability, reduced fuel-costs and a substantial cut in noise and carbon-emissions.
A dual-element air-filter, full-pressure lubrication and cast-iron cylinder-sleeves further enhance durability; while a mechanical governor manages engine-speed in order to deliver more useable power and torque when the going gets tough.
The Mountfield 2243H-SD Garden Tractor can either mulch or side-discharge cut grass, with the former ideal for short-grassed formal areas; and the latter perfect for dealing with overgrown meadow-grass and outlying areas of rough.
It’s blessed with a foot-pedal hydrostatic-drive that facilitates infinitely-variable ground-speed control, which in turn allows for safe and accurate obstacle-negotiation; and it combines an LED dashboard with a diagnostic display to ensure you’ll always be on top of tractor-status and key parameters.
Not just a grass-cutter, the Mountfield 2243H-SD is supplied with a tow-bar that means you’ll get the most from your purchase all year round, not just during the growing-season.
High-powered twin headlights make it possible to carry on working when the light’s against you; while a heavy-duty bumper protects the front of the engine from any accidental impact.
The 108cm cutter-deck on the 2243H-SD has been fitted with gauge-wheels, so you can be confident you won’t gouge the turf when manoeuvring on undulating terrain (a deck-wash port makes it easy to clean the undercarriage).
Convenience-features include electronic blade-engagement and spring-assisted height-of-cut adjustment; comfort-features include a cruise-control function and cup-holder.
- A powerful and versatile garden-tractor for all your mowing & towing needs
- Generous working-width for fast cut over large areas
- Side-discharge mode for tackling longer grass on informal areas
- Mulching function for lawn areas requiring more frequent mowing
- Smooth hydro-drive gives you car-like control of the tractor’s ground-speed
- Large-size wheels for stability on slopes and rougher terrain
- Electronic deck engagement for ease of use
- Tow-bar for a wide range of optional attachments such as trailers, rollers and aerators
- Twin headlights for safety and better visibility
- Comfortable high-back seat can be adjusted to suit the driver
- Convenient deck-wash port
- Robust front-bumper
- Tight turning-circle and responsive steering makes it easy to work around obstacles
- Low-effort spring-assisted height-of-cut control
- Cup-holder ensures refreshment is always to hand
- Turf-saving anti-scalp deck-wheels
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model 7220 Series Intek™ V-Twin OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 656cc Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 15 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Operated with Cruise Control Drive Rear Wheel Cutting Width 108cm Cutting Heights 30-90mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Spring-Assisted Lever Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Blades Twin Grass Collector N/A Mulching Yes Side-Discharge Yes Headlights Yes Fuel Gauge Yes Cup Holder Yes Seat Adjustable with High Back Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes Tow Bar Yes Cast Iron Front Axle Yes Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm Wheels - Rear 508mm Lawn Size Up to 10,000m2 Warranty 5 Years
- Premium Service
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Simple and Straightforward
Review by Davidsgardenshed / (Posted on 14/06/2017)
Simple and StraightforwardReview by Davidsgardenshed / (Posted on 14/06/2017)Good solid machine which is fairly easy to use. I was stupid enough to use it without reading the instructions so kept stalling it when I tried to reverse with the cutter engaged. I hope I will be as enthusiastic in 5 years time as, like all modern vehicles, it may be too sophisticated for its own good. Too much to go wrong? At least with my old machine I could fix most problems with a spanner and a hammer. Mountfield is a British company so I was a bit disappointed to find that it was made in Italy.
I do, however, think it is very cool to have a lawnmower with cruise control! The forward/ reverse are controls are so simple to operate.
The machine arrived quickly from MowDirect and was fully assembled complete with oil and enough petrol to drive it off the pallet into the shed. Good purchasing experience from MowDirect.
Ease of Use
- Simple and Straightforward