Check items to add to the basket or select all
Mountfield 2240H Garden Tractor
A garden tractor with a big cutting-width for larger gardens.
Driven by a powerful V-Twin Briggs & Stratton engine, the Mountfield 2240H Garden Tractor has a no-gear-shift hydrostatic transmission and is fitted with a substantial 102cm working-width "Contra-Flo" cutter-deck. It's suitable for gardens up to 10,000m2 and is a delight to drive.
The Mountfield ‘ContraFlo’ system uses significantly less power than traditional lawn tractors; as a result fuel consumption and noise are kept to a minimum. Grass is cut and ejected at high velocity into the roomy 300-litre-capacity collector in one smooth, efficient operation (garden-debris such as fallen leaves or pine-needles can also be bagged).
An audible alarm sounds when capacity is reached; and the collector can be emptied from the driving seat.
The deck on the Mountfield 2240H features a wash facility that makes cleaning after use simplicity itself.
Key information is shown on the steering console in an illuminated display; while the cutter-deck has smooth electronic engagement and delivers a flawless finish.
Operator comfort is a high priority, with an adjustable seat and ergonomically-placed controls making the task more of a pleasure than a chore.
A tow-bar and mulch-plug are are included as standard.
- Powerful Briggs & Stratton V-Twin engine
- ContraFlow system for successful damp-weather bagging
- Foot-operated hydrostatic transmission for ease of use
- Convenient electronic blade-engagement
- Audible alarm lets you know when the collector's full
- Ergonomically placed controls and adjustable seat confer excellent driver-comfort
- Step-through design offers more legroom and easier access
- Expansive 102cm cutting-width
- Suitable for areas up to 3 acres
Engine Make Briggs and Stratton Engine Model Intek 7220 Series V-Twin OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 656cc Engine Power 13.9hp / 10.4kW Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 7 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Controlled Drive Rear Wheel Speed 8.8km/h (Max.) Cutting Width 102cm Cutting Heights 30-90mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Lever Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Turning Circle 170cm Blades Double Grass Collector 300 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Grassbag Full Indicator Yes - Audible Mulching Yes Rear Deflector Optional Side-Discharge No Headlights Yes Seat Adjustable with Safety Contact-Breaker Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes - 4 Tow Bar Yes Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm Wheels - Rear 460mm Dimensions (HxWxL) TBC x 105cm x 242cm Sound Level 100dB (A) Weight 228kg Lawn Size Up to 10,000m2 Warranty 5 Years
About MountfieldThe Mountfield name has been associated with quality lawn mowers, garden tractors, ride on mowers and garden equipment for nearly 50 years.
Mountfield is part of the GGP (Global Garden Products) Group who manufacturer of one of the largest ranges of lawnmowers and garden machinery in the world. Based in northern Italy, GGP are the market leaders for ride-on mowers in Europe with 120,000 units sold in 2007 - an estimated 39% market share.
Mountfield lawnmowers and garden equipment are distributed in the UK by GGP UK Limited who operate a comprehensive service dealer network. Mountfield is Britain's favourite brand of petrol lawn mower and their ride-on mowers & tractors have been sold in the UK since the 1970s.
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Check items to add to the basket or select all'0' accessories selected