Check items to add to the basket or select all
Mountfield 1740H Lawn Tractor
This premium-quality lawn tractor from Mountfield offers high-spec features throughout and will come into its own on lawns and informal grassed areas of up to 8000m2. It has a twin-cylinder Mountfield ST550-Series engine; an overhead-valve power-unit which you’ll find smooth-running, exceptionally reliable and extremely powerful. An electric key start starting ensures getting the engine going is a fast, headache-free operation.
Instead of a clunky manual gearbox, the Mountfield 1740H is equipped with a hydrostatic drive. Similar to a an automatic transmission on a car, this high-end feature enables you to control the mower’s speed (both forward and reverse) using a foot pedal, maximising manoeuvrability when mowing around and between obstacles, and making it easy to select the most effective pace for the grass conditions. A very tight turning circle (160cm) further improves manoeuvrability.
Thanks to its bagging, mulching and rear-discharge capabilities, the Mountfield 1740H Lawn Tractor offers the versatility needed to tackle a range of different grass types. In collection-mode, grass clippings are blown from the 102cm twin-blade cutter-deck into a very large-capacity 260-litre collector that makes it possible to get the job done with fewer stops. The collector can be emptied without leaving the driver’s seat and is fitted with a ‘collector full’ buzzer to let you know when it’s at capacity (this helps to stop the discharge-chute becoming blocked due to overfilling).
Clumped grass-clippings around the blades and underside of the deck can seriously inhibit performance, so Mountfield have equipped the 1740H with a handy deck-wash facility. Simply attach a hose, turn on the water and then spin the blades - the dead grass will then be thoroughly removed. This cutter deck on this model is slightly wider than the width of the wheels, so there’ll be less post-mowing trimming work to do.
The Mountfield 1740H features a seven-stage height-of-cut, adjustable between 25 and 80mm to suit both your preferred finish and the length of the grass you’re working on. Like the grassbox-emptying mechanism, the cutting-height can be controlled from the driver’s seat (there’s no need to stop to make adjustments).
Other notable features include electromagnetic blade-engagement, which reduces wear and extends the life of key parts; and twin-headlights that will allow you to finish the job if you started a bit too late in the afternoon.
- Driven by a powerful and ultra-reliable Mountfield twin-cylinder engine
- Electric key ignition eliminates starting headaches
- Foot-pedal hydrostatic-drive gives you instant control of the ground-speed
- Light-steering and a tight turning-circle make it easy to control and manoeuvre
- Cuts beyond the wheel-width for less trimming work
- 102cm twin-blade cutter-deck – ideal for grassed areas up to two-and-a-half acres
- Seven-step height-of-cut, adjustable to suit conditions
- Hosepipe attachment for easy deck cleaning
- Grass-collector holds up to 260-litres of cuttings
- An audible warning lets you now when the collector needs emptying
- You can empty the collector from the driver’s seat
- Rear-discharge and mulch capable
- Electromagnetic blade clutch for smooth, wear-free blade engagement
- Twin headlights for safe low-light operation
Engine Make Mountfield Engine Model ST550 Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 452cc Engine Power 11.2hp / 8.4kW @ 2800rpm Engine Cylinders Twin Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 4.5 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Controlled Drive Rear Wheel Cutting Width 102cm (41") Cutting Heights 25-80mm Height Adjustment 7 Positions Blade Engagement (PTO) Electronic Turning Circle 160cm Blades 2 Grass Collector 260 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Grassbag Full Indicator Yes - Audible Mulching Yes Rear Deflector Optional Side-Discharge No Headlights Yes Seat With Safety Contact-Breaker Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes - 4 Tow Bar Yes Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm (15") Wheels - Rear 460mm (18") Dimensions (HxWxL) TBC x 105cm x 236cm Weight 200kg Lawn Size Up to 8000m2 Warranty 5 Years
About MountfieldThe Mountfield name has been associated with quality lawn mowers, garden tractors, ride on mowers and garden equipment for nearly 50 years.
Mountfield is part of the GGP (Global Garden Products) Group who manufacturer of one of the largest ranges of lawnmowers and garden machinery in the world. Based in northern Italy, GGP are the market leaders for ride-on mowers in Europe with 120,000 units sold in 2007 - an estimated 39% market share.
Mountfield lawnmowers and garden equipment are distributed in the UK by GGP UK Limited who operate a comprehensive service dealer network. Mountfield is Britain's favourite brand of petrol lawn mower and their ride-on mowers & tractors have been sold in the UK since the 1970s.
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Check items to add to the basket or select all'0' accessories selected
OUR TOP DEALS
- Advanced purpose-built Mountfield OHV engine for smooth-running and efficient operation
- Generous working-width for fast cut over large areas
- Large-capacity collector can be emptied from the seat and features a ‘collector full’ alarm
- Optional mulching function for lawn areas requiring more frequent mowing
- Optional rear-deflector can be fitted when tackling longer grass
- Smooth hydro-drive gives you car-like control of the tractor’s ground-speed
- Large size wheels for stability on slopes and rougher terrain
- Electronic deck engagement for ease of use
- Tow-bar available for a wide range of optional attachments such as trailers, rollers and aerators
- Twin headlights for safety and better visibility
- Comfortable high-back seat can be adjusted to suit the driver
- Convenient deck-wash port
- Robust front-bumper
- Tight turning-circle and responsive steering makes it easy to work around obstacles
- Low-effort spring-assisted height-of-cut control