Check items to add to the basket or select all
MowDirect Price Only£79.00
MowDirect Price Only£39.95
MowDirect Price Only£179.00
MowDirect Price Only£209.00
MowDirect Price Only£125.00
MowDirect Price Only£399.00
MowDirect Price Only£199.00
MowDirect Price Only£219.00
Versatility, ease-of-use and powerful performance are the attributes that characterise the superbly well-appointed Mountfield 1543H-SD Lawn Tractor.
Its versatility is thanks to its mulching and side-discharge capabilities, with the former great for formal, regularly mown lawns; and the latter perfect for dealing with the sort of long grass commonly found in paddocks and meadow areas. Further enhancing flexibility-of-use is a seven-stage height-of-cut (25 – 80mm) that’s quick and easy to adjust using a single spring-assisted lever.
The Mountfield 1543H-SD is driven by a 452cc Mountfield four-stroke engine that has been purpose-built for garden-tractors; and which runs cleanly, quietly and super-efficiently due to its overhead-valve (OHV) configuration.
An electric key starter eliminates ignition headaches; while a capacious six-litre tank means long, interruption-free runs.
With an infinitely variable, foot-pedal operated hydrostatic drive and a turning-circle of only 130cm, the Mountfield 1543H-SD is highly manoeuvrable and will therefore come into its own on areas where there are awkward corners and numerous obstacles to work around.
It features an electronic P.T.O. for smooth low-wear blade engagement; and it’s fitted with a heavy-duty bumper that protects the front of the machine from accidental impact.
Operating at just 86.3dB (A), the 1543-SD will prove a great buy if you’ve got neighbours close by.
A cup-holder ensures your drink of choice is always directly to hand; while an adjustable seat means gardeners of any stature can work in comfort.
So as to protect the turf when turning on rolling terrain, the deck on this model employs a series of anti-scalp wheels.
Other key features include a deck-wash port for easy removal of corrosive, performance-inhibiting debris build-up; and a tow-bar that makes it possible to work with trailed attachments.
- Advanced purpose-built Mountfield OHV engine for smooth-running and efficient operation
- Generous working-width for fast cut over large areas
- Side-discharge mode for tackling longer grass on informal areas
- Mulching function for lawn areas requiring more frequent mowing
- Smooth hydro-drive gives you car-like control of the tractor’s ground-speed
- Large size wheels for stability on slopes and rougher terrain
- Electronic deck engagement for ease of use
- Tow-bar for a wide range of optional attachments such as trailers, rollers and aerators
- Twin headlights for safety and better visibility
- Comfortable high-back seat can be adjusted to suit the driver
- Convenient deck-wash port
- Robust front-bumper
- Tight turning-circle and responsive steering makes it easy to work around obstacles
- Low-effort spring-assisted height-of-cut control
- Cup-holder ensures refreshment is always to hand
- Turf-saving anti-scalp wheels
Engine Make Mountfield Engine Model 7750 OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 452cc Engine Power 11.2hp / 8.4kW @ 2800rpm Engine Cylinders Single Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 6 Litres Transmission Hydrostatic - Foot-Pedal Operated Drive Rear Wheel Speed 9.7km/hr (Max.) Cutting Width 108cm Cutting Heights 25-80mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever - Spring Assisted Blade Engagement (PTO) Electric Turning Circle 130cm Blades Twin Grass Collector No Mulching Yes Side-Discharge Yes Headlights Yes Cup Holder Yes Seat High Back / Adjustable Deck Washout Port Yes Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes Tow Bar Included Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm Wheels - Rear 460mm Dimensions (HxWxL) TBC x 132cm x 173cm Weight 161kg Lawn Size Up to 8000m2 Warranty 5 Years
- Premium Service
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
Good All Round - Except an Electrical Failure took a Long Time to Figure Out.
Review by Gerry Taylor / (Posted on 25/05/2018)
Good All Round - Except an Electrical Failure took a Long Time to Figure Out.Review by Gerry Taylor / (Posted on 25/05/2018)I've had my 1543H-SD for a year and it worked well all through 2017, at the end of which I serviced the engine and lubricated the moving parts before putting it away in the shed for the Winter. It started first time in April (After a short battery charge). Then, a fortnight later - completely dead, electrically - although the battery was fully charged and the headlights were bright.
After going through all the safety checks, I finally had to have the mower collected. It turned out to be a failed ignition switch. Expensive repair - not especially pleased after only one year's service...
Ease of Use
Excellent Service and Product
Review by Alan Travis / (Posted on 10/05/2016)
Excellent Service and ProductReview by Alan Travis / (Posted on 10/05/2016)We had never bought anything like this before and needed something that would cope with quite uneven fields and paddocks. We sent some pictures of our land and Jason (in the MowDirect office) helped us pick the most suitable machine.
This tractor easily copes with some quite challenging terrain and produces an excellent finish to our paddocks and field. It is really easy to drive and everyone wants to cut the grass for you! We couldn't be happier with either the service or the product.
Our only gripe would be that the tractor was quite difficult to get off the pallet when it was delivered and the instructions around the transport lever that disengages the drive from the wheels could have been made clearer as it took us a while to figure it out. Overall though we are delighted that we bought from MowDirect and would hesitate to use them again.
Ease of Use
- Good All Round - Except an Electrical Failure took a Long Time to Figure Out.