Check items to add to the basket or select all
MowDirect Price Only£125.00
MowDirect Price Only£99.00
MowDirect Price Only£79.00
MowDirect Price Only£29.95
MowDirect Price Only£209.00
MowDirect Price Only£399.00
MowDirect Price Only£219.00
MowDirect Price Only£179.00
MowDirect Price Only£125.00
MowDirect Price Only£199.00
Versatility, robust build-quality and a host of practical and convenient features; that’s what you get with the impressive Mountfield 1538M Lawn Tractor.
Under the bonnet is a high-capacity 452cc Mountfield that produces a substantial 11.2hp @ 2800rpm; and which boasts an overhead-valve (OHV) configuration for low-noise, low-emission operation with reduced fuel-consumption.
An electric key starter makes the ignition process super-simple; while a six-litre fuel-tank will see you cover lots of ground between top-up stops.
The Mountfield 1538M Lawn Tractor is supplied with an expansive 98cm cutter-deck that ensures a fast work-rate over large areas (it’s aimed at lawns around 6000m2).
It offers single-lever, spring-assisted height-of-cut control, so it couldn’t be easier to make those pre-mowing adjustments; and it features an electromagnetic P.T.O. for smooth, low-wear blade engagement.
Thanks to its generously proportioned 250-litre grassbag – which can be emptied from the driver’s seat – the 1538M will enable you to get the job done with few time-consuming trips to the compost-pile.
It benefits from a washout port that makes keeping the undercarriage clean a hassle-free operation; and it’s fitted with a heavy-duty front-bumper that protects the engine in the event of accidental impact.
Highly manoeuvrable, the Mountfield 1538M is equipped with a six-speed manual transmission (5+1) and has a turning-circle of just 140cm.
Twin-headlights facilitate safe operation when visibility isn’t great; while an adjustable high-backed seat ensures long hours of comfortable, low-fatigue mowing and towing (tow-bar optional).
This model is rear-discharge and mulch-capable, with the relevant accessories offered separately (a tow-bar is also available).
- Advanced purpose-built Mountfield OHV engine for smooth-running and efficient operation
- Generous working-width for fast cut over large areas
- Large-capacity collector can be emptied from the seat and features a ‘collector full’ alarm
- Optional mulching function for lawn areas requiring more frequent mowing
- Optional rear-deflector can be fitted when tackling longer grass
- Six-speed transmission including reverse drive
- Large-size wheels for stability on slopes and rougher terrain
- Electronic deck engagement for ease of use
- Tow-bar available for a wide range of optional attachments such as trailers, rollers and aerators
- Twin headlights for safety and better visibility
- Comfortable high-back seat can be adjusted to suit the driver
- Convenient deck-wash port
- Robust front-bumper
- Tight turning-circle and responsive steering makes it easy to work around obstacles
- Low-effort spring-assisted height-of-cut control
Engine Make Mountfield Engine Model 7750 OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 452cc Engine Power 11.2hp / 8.4kW @ 2800rpm Engine Cylinders Single Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 6 Litres Transmission Manual - Six Speed (5 + 1) Drive Rear Wheel Speed 9.7km/hr (Max.) Cutting Width 98cm Cutting Heights 25-80mm (7 Positions) Height Adjustment Single Lever - Spring Assisted Blade Engagement (PTO) Electromagnetic Turning Circle 140cm Blades Twin Grass Collector 240 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Grassbag Full Indicator Yes Mulching Optional Rear Deflector Optional Side-Discharge No Headlights Yes Seat High Back / Adjustable Deck Washout Port Yes Tow Bar Optional Front Bumper Yes Wheels - Front 380mm Wheels - Rear 460mm Dimensions (HxWxL) 110cm x 103cm x 234cm Weight 190.5kg Lawn Size Up to 6000m2 Warranty 5 Years
- Premium Service
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.