Check items to add to the basket or select all
Lawnflite 703 XT-S Lawn Tractor4.2
Lawnflite Lawn Tractor Mowers provide models of distinction. And with looks and features to set it apart from the crowd, this mid-range unit, with a 92cm cutting-width, offers something different from the mainstream. It will provide an exceptional cut on lawns up to around 6000m2 in size and comes with a series of features that are unique to Lawnflite.
Among them is the Direct Collect cutting system, found only on Lawnflite tractors. This provides the most direct route between the cutter-deck and collector, resulting in exceptional grass-cutting in both wet and dry conditions.
Also unique to Lawnflite is the Fast Attach system, which allows the collector on this model to be removed without tools in seconds. This makes the Lawnflite 703 XT-S Lawn Tractor ideal for towing attachments and enables you to swap from mowing to other tasks simply and easily, without the hassle having to remove clunky side-tubes or grass-sweeping systems.
The 703 XT-S is equipped with Lawnflite’s unique 12-speed (6 + 6) Transmatic Drive system, which provides you with the ability to shift gears on the go and to vary the speed in each of the gear settings smoothly and without any sudden jolts - it’s the most advanced manual drive-system on the market.
Powered by an extremely reliable 420cc MTD four-stroke OHV engine with electric key start, this lawn-tractor will provide assured performance and hassle-free ignition every time. It’s smooth running; and the fully enclosed bonnet keeps noise-levels to a minimum.
When in use, the extreme manoeuvrability of the Lawnflite 703 XT-S Lawn Tractor quickly becomes apparent - it has a turning radius of just 46cm, which is tighter than many smaller ride-on mowers. The newly developed steering-geometry provides a good positive feel, and this, combined with the tight turn, gives the user the confidence to mow around obstacles such as flowerbeds; and to get in and out of confined spaces.
- Lawnflite's infinitely variable Transmatic Drive™ with shift-on-the-go gear system
- "Direct Collect" bagging system
- Rear discharge high vacuum deck with anti-scalping wheels
- Fully enclosed MTD OHV engine for quiet operation
- Large capacity grass bag
- Integral tow bar for range of attachments
- "Fast Attach" system - ability to remove collector and add accessories without tools.
- Step-thru frame for safety and comfort
- Twin hi-lift offset contra rotating steel cutting blades
- Pivoting front-axle for accurate cut and smoother ride
- Optional rear deflector, mulch kit and bumper
- Rugged all steel construction
- Disc brakes, Twin Lights & Key Start
- Suitable for areas up to 6000m2 (1.5 acres)
Engine Make MTD Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 420cc Engine Power 10.5hp / 7.8kW @ 2800rpm Engine Cylinders Single Engine Starting System Electric Key Start Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 3.8 Litres Transmission Transmatic Shift-on-the-Go ( 12 Speed - 6 + 6) Drive Rear Wheel Cutting Width 92cm Cutting Heights 30-95mm (5 Positions) Blade Engagement (PTO) Manual Turning Circle 46cm Blades 2 Grass Collector 240 Litres Empty Grassbag from Seat Yes Mulching Optional - 196-749-678 Rear Deflector Optional - 196-750-678 Side-Discharge Optional Headlights Yes Seat Low Back - Adjustable Anti-Scalp Deck Wheels Yes - 2 Tow Bar Yes - Extendable Front Bumper Optional - OEM-196A603 Wheels - Front 330mm Wheels - Rear 457mm Dimensions (HxWxL) 103cm x 99cm x 225cm (with Collector) Weight 195kg Lawn Size Up to 6000m2 (1.5 acres) Warranty 2 Years
LawnfliteWith over 75 years of manufacturing experience going into every machine, MTD-Lawnflite is able to offer you innovative and award winning products that are user friendly, reliable and which will save you money at the same time.
Today, MTD - the Modern Tool and Die Company - is one of the largest manufacturers of lawn and garden equipment in the world. More than 10,000 employees are helping to write the MTD story. With its brands MTD, Lawnflite, Bolens, Troy-Bilt, Yard-Man and Cub Cadet, MTD is able to offer an extensive product range. From electric mowers to compact tractors, MTD offers all standard garden equipment with a variety of technical features.
MTD-Lawnflite is set to continue its growth in future. It is continually entering new markets and expanding its production and sales capacities. The European headquarter is of particular importance in this regard. MTD is expanding production in the Saarbrücken plant in Germany step-by-step, thus helping to create secure long-term jobs.
MTD-Lawnflite's success is based on three fundamental principles, principles which were valid in the past and which will retain their value in future: the dedication of its personnel, the pursuit of technological innovation and customer satisfaction. MTD is certain that this satisfaction is based on trust in the company's excellent workmanship.
The foundation which was laid by the company's founders in 1932 continues to offer a firm basis for MTD and its dedicated workforce to continue their excellence into the future. MTD, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, started as a tool and die supplier to the local manufacturing community. Through hard work, dedication, integrity and an emphasis on customer service, MTD quickly gained a reputation as a high quality tool and die supplier, and this reputation helped the company make the natural expansion into steel stampings. The company became involved with consumer products by supplying stampings to the toy industry, but this expanded quickly to include complete products such as tricycles. Wheelbarrows were added to the consumer product line in the early fifties, and this simple product line had profound effects. Satisfied customers encouraged MTD to expand the product offerings for the yard and garden, and in 1958 the company produced its first lawnmower.
MowDirect pioneered the supplying of ride-on mowers on the internet back in 1999 and we are now the largest supplier in the UK.
We got here because of our knowledge, our passion but most of all because of our service. A service with a difference. A premium service - as standard.
Our Premium Delivery Service includes:
- Assembling your product to save you the time & hassle of doing this yourself
- Undertaking a complete manufacturer’s PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) in accordance with their established guidelines
- Testing all controls and working mechanisms on the machine to ensure they are in perfect working order
- Fine tuning the engine to ensure it is running at optimum performance levels
- Cleaning and polishing your new ride-on to ensure it arrives with that sparkling new feel
- Providing detailed instruction guidelines on how to get going with your new machine and a Free Technical helpline should you need any one-to-one assistance over the phone
- Fixing your ride-on mower to one of our specially designed purpose-built pallets and providing protective covering to ensure your product arrives in perfect condition
We also promise to keep you fully informed every step of the way and will work hard to ensure your buying experience - from purchase to delivery - is as simple and stress-free as we can make it
You will receive a 'phone call from us to discuss your shipping schedule before the goods are dispatched and a further call from our shipping company to agree a delivery time that suits you.
In addition, we offer the most comprehensive back-up service in the industry. As well as our Free Technical Helpline and MowHow, our store of free, practical information, we provide full back-up support in the event of any manufacturing faults with your machine.
That is what we mean by Premium Service. We look after you every step of the way. As standard.
Overall score : 4.2 /5 (4 Reviews)
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
Showing of 4
Excellent Product, Great Service This is a great little lawn tractor. We've got about 3 acres - 1 acre is garden, 2 acres are paddock. The tractor has cut these with ease. The added trailer is great - helped move a lot of rubble, bricks, stone etc around. I've ordered the separate deflector to make mowing the paddock easier too.
Only real challenge was that the instructions for assembly of the trailer were a bit confusing. I've also not yet figured out how to get the mulch kit attached and have abandoned this until the weather improves. I'm sure the team at MowDirect will help with this - they have been very helpful so far.
Ease of Use
PerformanceReview by Dave / (Posted on 02/05/2016)
Good for the Price Not used it enough yet to judge, but seems ok so far. Doesn't cut in reverse, not so clear on the description.
Lack of a bag full indicator is a shortcoming as, if you don't empty frequently enough, the tube gets full and it leaves grass on the lawn, and you have to manually unblock it. Maybe you get used to judging that better with use.
Trailer is good, but assembly instructions as usual were translated from the Chinese, I suspect.
EDITOR'S COMMENT Very few tractors are now designed to cut in reverse and reverse cutting where it does exist manufacturers have to include a safety lock-out in order for ti to do so..
Ease of Use
PerformanceReview by Pat Dunham / (Posted on 20/04/2016)
Feels a Bit Tacky but Seems to do the Job. When it first arrived six months ago I thought it was nothing like as well made as my old Lawnflite. However, so far it has worked well and although it rattles it seems to cut the lawn to a good standard.
Ease of Use
PerformanceReview by Richard Aston / (Posted on 09/11/2014)
OK Just about worth the price. Sounds "tinny" and not very smooth on clutch release. Brake/clutch pedal too far from driver's normal foot position making it a bit of a stretch.
Ease of Use
PerformanceReview by dtk / (Posted on 13/07/2014)
Check items to add to the basket or select all'0' accessories selected
OUR TOP DEALS
- A new, MowDirect-exclusive lawn tractor offering extra power, additional features and exceptional value
- Smooth-running, reliable and fuel-efficient OHV engine from MTD
- Convenient electric key start
- Fan-assisted collection means damp grass can be bagged without problem
- Adjustable seat and soft-grip steering-wheel ensure a comfortable drive
- Headlights for safe mowing and towing in dusky conditions
- 2-in-1 combi design lets you choose between collecting or rear-discharging clippings
- Large turf-saving tyres
- Transmatic drive for smooth change-on-the-go speed-adjustment
- Tight turning-circle and compact dimensions make it easy to work around obstacles and landscaping
- Tow-hitch included
- Transmatic Drive featuring "Shift-on-the-Go" gears
- Rear-discharge high-vacuum deck for collecting in both wet and dry conditions
- Fully enclosed Briggs & Stratton engine with fuel-saving OHV technology
- Step-thru frame for safe and easy access to driving position
- Direct Collect bagging system prevents clogging
- Pivoting front-axle for accurate cut with no scalping
- Tight turning-circle for greater manoeuvrability
- Large-capacity grassbag lifts on and off for easy storage
- Choose from multiple cutting-heights
- Low centre of gravity and wide stance for better traction and stability, especially on slopes and inclines
- Ergonomic design of controls for safe and comfortable use
- Positive camber of front wheels for better traction on tight turns
- Adjustable seat with springs for extra comfort
- Long-lasting disc brakes
- Powerful headlights