Check items to add to the basket or select all
MowDirect Price Only£19.95
Honda is known for engines and machines of all shapes and sizes from cars and motorbikes to water pumps and generators but the one thing they all have in common is quality. Well, this model is no different. The EC5000 is from Honda’s tough and reliable endurance range offers 4500 Watts of rated power with 5000 Watts maximum and is ideal for rugged work for industrial purposes, emergency events and other demanding situations.
The engine behind this top-flight generator is also from Honda of course, a GX390T1, 389cc, 4-stroke, one-cylinder, OHV (Overhead Valve) delivering smooth electricity and high performance while and using less fuel, emitting fewer noxious fumes and suffering from fewer vibrations.
Built for hard work, so very robust and hardwearing, the generator and engine are housed inside a black, powder-coated, tubular steel frame, protecting the mechanics, making sure the unit is stable when placed on the ground and easy to lift and move.
The engine and alternator are also rubber mounted for extra protection and to lower vibrations.
The generator is easy to start, with transistorised ignition and an easy recoil pull and the engine is protected from damage due to low oil by an Oil-Alert system that shuts down the engine if the oil level drops below a safe limit.
The generator offers dual voltage outputs with circuit breakers fitted for safety and delivers around 2.5 hours running time on a full tank of unleaded petrol - 6.2 litres.
* NB: It is important to check the wattage requirements of the equipment you intend to power so you can buy the right generator. Try to choose a generator with a rated output that is the total of wattages of your items, plus a contingency of approx 10%.
- Mobile cable free power – ideal for large-scale domestic and professional use
- Clean smooth current from very high-quality Honda OHV engine
- Simple, straightforward controls
- Reliable recoil start for convenience
- Tough and durable tubular-steel frame for protection and stability
- Rubber mounted engine and alternator for protection and low vibrations
- Dual voltage output with circuit breaker for safety
- Oil-Alert shuts down engine if oil falls below safe level
Engine Type 4-stroke OHV air-cooled Engine Make Honda Engine Model GX390T Engine Capacity 389cc Max Output 5000w Rated Output 4500w Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 6.2L Rated Voltage 230v/115v Rated Frequency 50Hz Run Time up to 2hrs 50 mins Sockets 2 Noise Level 97dB Starting system Recoil (transistor ignition) Circuit Breaker Yes Low Oil Shutdown Yes (oil alert) Housing Tubular steel frame Wheels No Dimensions (HxWxL) H: 54cm x W: 55cm x L: 80cm Weight 75kg Warranty 2 years