One of the lightest professional brushcutters in its class, the Efco 8550 Boss has a top-of-the-range 52.5 cc (2.8 HP – 2.1 kW) engine and weights just 8.5 kg. It’s designed to offer maximum levels of user comfort and can be used for sustained periods of work clearing thick grass, scrub and undergrowth.
The brushcutter features a full professional anti-vibration system incorporating 6 self-lubricating bearings in the transmission and 4 rubber dampeners that separate the engine from the handles. User comfort is further enhanced by the adjustable handlebars and the fully adjustable padded harness which spreads the weight of the brushcutter evenly and can be attached to the machine in one of four positions to suit the size of the operator.
The Efco 8550 Boss Brushcutter comes supplied with both a tap ‘n’ go line head for mowing thick grass and a circular saw blade for cutting through dense vegetation. It combines high maximum torque with sustained running torque at low rpm for efficient and effective clearing work. The ergonomically shaped bike handles enable a smooth mowing action and the brushcutter to be easily manoeuvred, thus reducing fatigue. The handles can also be folded inwards for compact storage and transportation.
For added robustness this model has a 32 mm diameter tube and steel crankshaft. The piston comes with two rings and has been diamond finished to guarantee maximum quality and consistency over time. A high quality filter provides excellent protection, even when working in dusty environments, and ensures extended maintenance intervals and increased durability.
- Engine comparable with the best on the market for power output and combines high maximum torque with sustained running torque at low rpm. This is because the machine was designed specifically as a brush cutter and not derived from chainsaws.
- Superior performance with no increase in weight, resulting in one of the best power-to weight ratios available.
- Die-cast cylinder with special internal treatment, diamond-machined piston with 2 rings, forged steel connecting rod, forged crankshaft with 2 counterweights - features guaranteeing great strength and durability.
- Primer facilitates starting, especially from cold
- Vibrations reduced to the minimum by an anti-vibration system and 6 self-lubricating bearings in the transmission.
- 1.5 litre capacity fuel tank ensures long hours cutting without interruption.
- Fuel tank separate from the engine to prevent overheating of fuel when working for long periods.
- Ideal for prolonged use thanks to a professional anti-vibration system with engine and handlebar isolated by 4 rubber dampers. The handlebar can be adjusted to suit the operator and has 4 positions for attachment to the straps.
- Newly designed fuel tank breather makes no contact with the fuel, eliminating the risk of fuel spills.
- Maximum comfort with the new 30° bevel gear which allows the operator to keep a more upright posture.
- Standard equipment includes a 3 tooth blade 300 mm, gauge 3 mm, and a Tap-N-Go head, size 160 mm (3.3 mm line).
- The handgrip incorporates a "chainsaw type" throttle latch, a safety device preventing involuntary acceleration.
- Ergonomic handles: aluminium with moulded rubber grips. The operator always has a firm and comfortable grip on the machine.
- The handlebar angle can be adjusted by means of a knob, with no need for any tool, and folded against the shaft to make the machine more compact for transport and storage purposes.
- The cutter guard and safety shield conform to CE standards.
- New foam air cleaner rated 80 PPI, ensuring high filtration capacity.
- Filter cover removable without tools simply by pressing a release catch: air filter made easier to inspect and clean.
- Digital coil with electronic control: ensures effortless starting and improves performance, always guaranteeing uniform combustion and low fuel consumption.
- Professional carburettor model WYK equipped with lift-starter and primer to facilitate starting. The new carburettor also complies with EPA standards on exhaust emissions, already effective in U.S.A. and to be adopted in Europe within the next few years.
- Professional harness, easily adjustable, gives greater freedom of movement and favours a more even weight distribution, according to the height and build of the operator.
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Emak Engine Capacity 52.5cc Engine Power 2.1kW Starting System Recoil Engine Fuel Tank Capacity 1.5 Litres Handle Type Cowhorn Linehead No Line Feed Bump ( tap ‘n’ go) Line Diameter 3.3mm Cutting Width (Linehead) 42cm Blade Circular Saw-Blade Harness Double Padded Shaft Diameter 32mm Weight 8.5kg Warranty 2 years