Hints & Tips
Well. Hurrah. We have another jolly lovely competition happening and I have been put in charge of letting all you super people know about it as well informing you about our terms and conditions. I don’t whose decision that was, obviously someone of high rank in this company who thinks I have organisational skills, but they clearly don’t know anything about me. I once hosted a party in a whiskey distillery in a remote valley in Scotland and completely forgot to sort out the refreshments meaning, yes that’s right, I couldn’t even organise a… well you get the picture.
Anyhow. As you may know, we want your happy snaps and perfect pictures of glorious autumn, a colourful time with golden leaves tumbling, red and russet covered trees glittering in the morning sun and angry red-faced men getting grumpy about all the Christmas adverts that are already all over the TV. The tree outside my window as I speak is a picture in itself and you only have to look around the gardens and parks of this fair city, and any fair city or town and
even some of the not quite so fair ones, to realise how beautiful and photogenic this season is. Yes, even numerous roundabouts can have pretty trees on them and gert big suspension bridges in the mist can look pretty impressive at this time of year.
To enter, all you do is whip out your camera or smartphone, wrap up warm and get out there and take your picture, fallen leaves, trees, frosty mornings, sultry sunsets, whatever, as long as its seasonal, then post it on our Facebook page, on our ‘Competition Time. Snap Up A Redback Cordless Leaf Blower in Our Autumn Competition’ post, with your name, and perhaps a snappy title, to help us identify it, and then a small panel, including our own pro photographer, will judge them and decide on a winner.
The competition closes on November the 21st and the winner will be announced on this page a few days later. They winning photo will be featured in a special blog with some comments from our super pro snapper about why we chose it. Good Luck!
And don’t forget the winner will receive a fantastic Redback Cordless Blower, a fast charger and a quick-charging, long running, powerful and advanced lithium-ion battery so he or she can blow away those leaves with power and ease. hurrah again! However. I digress (quelle surprise).
Remember, like Highlander, there can be only one. Only one picture per person and only ONE WINNER, the person who takes photo we judge to be the shiniest, loveliest and bestest picture that captures the true spirit of autumn.
Here are our terms and conditions. GOOD LUCK! See Ya. Holly.
MowDirect Autumn Snap Competition Terms and Conditions
By posting an entry in the MowDirect Autumn Snap Competition, (hereinafter referred to as the competition) you agree to the following competition terms and conditions:
1. The competition runs from 16.00 on 4.11.16 until midnight 21.11.16 . Entries received after this time will not be eligible.
2. Entry is open to all UK residents except employees (and their families) of MowDirect, of the suppliers of the prizes or of any other companies associated with either MowDirect or the competition.
3. One entry per person.
4. The only valid method of applying to participate in the competition will be by posting the photo entry and completing the online form on our Facebook page.
5. You expressly declare and represent that you submit to English law in participating in the competition.
6. By uploading a photograph and entering the competition you agree to grant MowDirect a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish or otherwise use, modify or reproduce the material in any way that it may want, and in any media worldwide for the duration of copyright in the materials. Please note that copyright in the Material remains with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can also use the material in any way including allowing others to use it. You warrant that all moral rights in the Materials have been and are waived.
7. You confirm that the material is your own original work, is not defamatory, does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give MowDirect permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
8. The judges’ decision as to successful entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be announced on our Facebook page with name only. The winner will be contacted by us with regard to delivery of the prize and any other details of the entry necessary.
9. Winners will be notified through the MowDirect Facebook page on Wednesday 23.11.16 though we reserve the right to contact you directly if need be and change the date if necessary.
10.The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered, unless agreed in writing.
11. The competition prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
18. The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name in marketing materials.
19. Use of a false name or details will result in disqualification.
20. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Competition.
21. The competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this competition.
22. MowDirect reserves the right to amend or alter the competition or these terms and conditions at any time.
23. By entering the competition you declare that MowDirect has permission to send marketing emails related to our products and services. Your details will be not be passed on to any third parties.