Designed for use on allotments and substantial kitchen gardens, the Italian-engineered Bertolini 401 Rotary Cultivator develops the sort of power and torque that are essential when taking-on more challenging soil-conditions.
Powering the large deep-tread tyres and heavy-duty cultivating rotors is a GX160 four-stroke engine form Honda. Rated at a beefy 4.8hp, these advanced overhead-valve power-packs are renowned for their fuel-efficient performance; low maintenance requirements; and smooth, low-vibration operation. Starting is via an easy-pull recoil mechanism.
The Bertolini BT401S is equipped with forward and reverse gears, so it can be manoeuvred with ease around the plot. The transmission is permanently oil-bathed for superior long-term dependability with reduced wear on crucial parts.
Flexible in use, this adaptable machine offers a choice of three preset working-depths; and has an adjustable working-width that can be set to either 50cm or 35cm, depending on the nature of the application.
It’s fitted with a height- and width adjustable handlebar, which is isolated from the engine for reduced vibration and improved user-comfort; and it features Bertolini’s QuickFit coupling system which ensures the fitting of attachments is a fast, hassle-free operation.
- A powerful rear-tine tiller for intensive domestic use
- Combines heavy-duty build-quality with lightweight, comfortable handling
- Working-width and working-depth are both adjustable
- Premium-quality overhead-valve engine from Honda
- Oil-immersed transmission confers impressive durability
- Forward and reverse gears for enhanced manoeuvrability
- Fully adjustable handlebar with fatigue-reducing anti-vibration system
- QuickFit coupling makes it simple to fit any of the optional attachments
Engine Make Honda Engine Model GX160 OHV Engine Type Petrol 4-stroke Engine Capacity 163cc Engine Power 4.8hp / 3.5kW @ 3600rpm Gears 1 Forward / 1 Reverse Transmission Oil-Bathed Drive Self Propelled Working Width 35-50cm Working Depth Adjustable (3 Positions) Depth Gauge Yes No. of Tines TBC Handles Height & Width Adjustable / 180° Reversible Wheel Type Pneumatic Tyres Wheel Size TBC Weight 75kg Warranty 2 Years