With its more expansive 60cm blades, the German-manufactured STIHL HS45-24 is the sensible choice for those looking-after a larger hedge.
Offering the sort of advanced ergonomics for which Stihl have become renowned, it employs comprehensive vibration-damping measures that work to prevent the blood-vessel damage that people who regularly use handheld power-tools sometimes experience. Its ultra-lightweight build (4.9kg) and well-balanced design contribute further to user-comfort.
The STIHL HS45-24 Petrol Hedgetrimmer is driven by a high-powered 27.2cc engine that features an electronic ignition module which has been fully enclosed so as prevent moisture and grime getting into it. ElastoStart lessens the force you need to apply to the starter-rope and reduces the ‘kick’ upon ignition.
The high-quality steel blades on this model are double-sided for fast and efficient trimming; and they have a generous 30mm tooth-pitch that facilitates the cutting-back of heavier growth.
- Lengthy blade for increased productivity
- Built to the exacting standards gardeners worldwide have come to expect from Stihl
- Lightweight, despite its powerful engine and rugged build-quality
- High-performance 2-Mix engine with Stihl’s effort-saving ElastoStart system
- Fully-enclosed electronic ignition module is protected from dirt and moisture
- Advanced anti-vibration system for virtually fatigue-free hedgetrimming
Engine Type Petrol 2-stroke Engine Make Stihl Engine Model 2-MIX Engine Capacity 27.2cc Engine Power 1hp / 0.75kW Starting System Recoil with ElastoStart Blade Length 60cm Blade Type Single Sided Dual Reciprocating Blades Yes Tooth Gap 30mm Rotating Rear Handle No Sound Level 98dB (A) Vibration 6.1 / 10.0m/s2 (Front / Rear) Weight 4.9kg Warranty 2 Years