With the grass at last starting to grow faster, now is the time that many of you will be thinking about buying a new mower.
Here at Mowdirect we offer around 250 petrol mowers, so how to choose the right model for you?
To give you a helping hand, we have put together our shortlist from across the complete price range to give you an idea of the capabilities of the different machines. Have a look at these and consider adding them to your shortlist, but before you buy take time to review further mowers on our site. And if you’re still not sure, then you can always give us a ring for advice. Just phone 0845 4588905 and speak to our Sales Team. They deal with queries every day from gardeners and are perfectly placed to give impartial advice on the best model for you.
And then if you prefer you can buy there and then and have a delivery date confirmed as you’re on the phone.
Don’t forget our prices are inclusive of VAT and free delivery, often next working day, and carry manufacturers’ warranties.
- Smooth handling even over rough ground.
- Large 60 litre grass box.
- 140 CC overhead valve Emak engine.
Our View: Well made and good value for money steel deck mower
- One lever height adjustment, 18 inch cutting width.
- Collapsible large grass box.
- Light and easy to use.
Our view: Affordable self-propelled mower benefitting from German engineering
- Excellent value for money.
- Powerful Briggs and Stratton engine.
- Six heights and time-saving deck washing facility
Our view: Low priced variable speed mower that is easy to clean and maintain.
- High quality steel deck.
- Friction disc to prevent crank shaft damage.
- Easy-to use-handlebar controls.
Our view: Good value premium brand mower
- Switch to side discharge and mulching functions.
- ‘Lawn comb’ in front to give a smarter appearance.
- Higher rear wheels give greater mobility.
Our view: All-in-one mower with large cut and good manoeuvrability
- Latest in low emission and fuel economy engine.
- Eight height options
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
Our view: New reduced emission engine, reliable and super fuel efficient.
Einhell RG-PM 51S
Another must for your short list if you have a large garden with a wide cutting width, powerful Briggs & Stratton motor and four options for dealing with grass clippings. Features include an indicator to tell you when the grass box is full.
- Three operating heights for the handles which are padded
- Centrally controlled height adjuster
- Built to last summer after summer
Our view: Comfortable and easy to control premium mower at a special Mowdirect
- Extra large drive wheels with ball bearings and pressed steel deck.
- Seven cutting heights.
- Very large grass box
Our view: Top specification with an electric start engine for ease of use.
- Cuts grass in three different ways.
- Powerful Briggs & Stratton engine.
- Designed to cope with orchards as well as formal lawns
Our view: Combines ease-of-use features with versatility and a wide cut.
- Rear collection, discharge and mulching facilities.
- 160 cc Honda four stroke engine which is clean running and quiet.
- Centrally-controlled height adjustment and large grass box.
Our view: Versatile premium mower with 20 year guarante
Latest posts by Dick Roberts (see all)
- Time to clean up the lawn: ten top scarifyers for a proper Spring clean - March 6, 2015
- Lawn tractors from the USA well suited to British conditions - March 4, 2015
- Mower of the Week: Top machine from German engineers at a great price - March 2, 2015