Anyone seeking a lightweight (5.4kg) and easy-to-handle alternative to a potentially unwieldy petrol-powered chainsaw should take a good look at this high-specification electric model from Al-Ko.
Key to its exceptional handling is the inline (i.e. lengthways) positioning of the motor, which makes the machine perfectly balanced, thereby making it really easy to control, and allowing for lengthy periods of fatigue-free operation. The motor is rated at an impressive 2200w.
The Al-Ko EKI 2200/40 Electric Chainsaw will turn its hand to a range of domestic chainsaw tasks, from DIY and smaller-scale felling; through to firewood prep and pruning.
It employs automatic chain-lubrication for a smooth, controlled cut and longer intervals between maintenance or replacement; and Al-Ko have provided a safety-enhancing inertia-triggered chain-brake that’s been designed to give the operator complete peace-of-mind.
This model also offers tool-free chain-tensioning, so you’ll lose very little time when making the necessary adjustments.
- An affordable German-designed chainsaw for general-purpose domestic use
- High-powered 2200w motor is positioned inline for perfect weight distribution
- One of the best handling chainsaws in its class
- Automatic chain-oiling drastically reduces wear on the cutting-gear
- Incredibly fast-acting chain-brake for optimum operator-safety
- Low-weight build and advanced ergonomics for comfortable, fatigue-free use
- Tool-free chain-tensioning for speedy on-the-job adjustments
Engine Type Mains Electric Motor 230-240v Power 2200w Guide Bar Length 40cm Chain Pitch 3/8" Chain Speed 13.5m/s Chain Brake Yes - Inertia-Type Chain Tensioner Tool-Free Chain Oiler Automatic Chain Oil Capacity 0.200 ltr Sound Level 94 dB (A) Vibration 5,061 m/s2 Weight 5.4kg Warranty 2 Years
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Solidly Built and In-Line Motor makes for a Well-Balanced Machine
Review by Richard L / (Posted on 10/09/2014)
Solidly Built and In-Line Motor makes for a Well-Balanced MachineReview by Richard L / (Posted on 10/09/2014)I bought this chainsaw to replace a Black and Decker. It is better engineered and the "in line" design means that the saw is well-balanced and much narrower than the normal transverse style (where the motor is at right angles to the blade).
The product is solid and well made. It is quite noisy and the plug is a non-UK type although a good long lead, into which it fits, is provided.
Ease of Use
- Solidly Built and In-Line Motor makes for a Well-Balanced Machine